Why do some people have to act smart ?
2017-05-17 05:17:38 UTC
What's with people who are trying to act smart? They keep posting stupid comments like

"Who the hell cares..."

To me Yahoo Anwsers is to give suitable anwsers and not anwsers which you only use for two points.

Though I also tried to act smart, I have stopped now and learnt from my mistakes.

Yet why do some people not realize that people are not finding them smart of funny.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060629003024AAw9AA8

smart:

Their softest touch as smart as lizards' sting! King Henry VI, part II: III, ii
The sword of orleans hath not made me smart; King Henry VI, part I: IV, vi

That she should feel the smart of this? the cardinal King Henry VIII: II, i
I have some wounds upon me, and they smart Coriolanus: I, ix

How smart a lash that speech doth give my conscience! Hamlet: III, i
From this earth-vexing smart. Cymbeline: V, iv

Doth very foolishly, although he smart, As You Like It: II, vii
And shall, or some of us will smart for it. Much Ado About Nothing: V, i
'because thou canst not ease thy smart Toilus and Cressida: IV, iv

William Shakespeare, gentleman
A***@germanymail.com

2017-05-18 13:30:26 UTC
dumb*

One kiss shall stop our mouths, and dumbly part; King Richard II: V, i
And in conclusion dumbly have broke off, A Midsummer Night's Dream: V, i
Moves in this lip! to the dumbness of the gesture Timon of Athens: I, i

Have banged the youth into dumbness. this was Twelfth Night: III, ii
Eyes; there was speech in their dumbness, language The Winter's Tale: V, ii
Cunning in dumbness, from my weakness draws Toilus and Cressida: III, ii

Obidicut; hobbididence, prince of dumbness; mahu, of King Lear: IV, i
Inexplicable dumbshows and noise: I would have such Hamlet: III, ii
O, why should wrath be mute, and fury dumb? Titus Andronicus: V, iii

Deep clerks she dumbs; and with her needle composes Pericles, Prince of Tyre: IV, vi
Inexplicable dumbshows and noise: I would have such Hamlet: III, ii
There lurks a still and dumb-discoursive devil Toilus and Cressida: IV, iv

dumb-show. let us send her to call him in to dinner. Much Ado About Nothing: II, iii
Converse with a dumb-show? how oddly he is suited! Merchant of Venice: I, ii 5
Was beastly dumb'd by him. Antony and Cleopatra: I, v

William Shakespeare, gentleman
A***@germanymail.com
2017-05-24 03:54:24 UTC
smart

smarting in lingering pickle. Antony and Cleopatra: II, v
Their softest touch as smart as lizards' sting! King Henry VI, part II: III, ii
The sword of orleans hath not made me smart; King Henry VI, part I: IV, vi

That she should feel the smart of this? the cardinal King Henry VIII: II, i
I have some wounds upon me, and they smart Coriolanus: I, ix
I then, all smarting with my wounds being cold, King Henry IV, part I: I, iii

How smart a lash that speech doth give my conscience! Hamlet: III, i
From this earth-vexing smart. Cymbeline: V, iv
Doth very foolishly, although he smart, As You Like It: II, vii

And shall, or some of us will smart for it. Much Ado About Nothing: V, i
And loosed his love-shaft smartly from his bow, A Midsummer Night's Dream: II, i
'because thou canst not ease thy smart Toilus and Cressida: IV, iv

William Shakespeare, smart poet
A***@germanymail.com
2017-05-26 13:07:19 UTC
nuts

The squirrel's hoard, and fetch thee new nuts. A Midsummer Night's Dream: IV, i

No stronger than a nutshell and as leaky as an The Tempest: I, i

Wilt quarrel with a man for cracking nuts, having no Romeo and Juliet: III, i

As hazel nuts and sweeter than the kernels. The Taming of the Shrew: II, i

And I with my long nails will dig thee pignuts; The Tempest: II, ii

A sailor's wife had chestnuts in her lap, Macbeth: I, iii

William Shakespeare, glover