Shakespeare's Curtain theatre secret passage discovered
2016-11-10 04:37:41 UTC
[article and video]

After three months of excavation, archaeologists have revealed the unusual layout of William Shakespeare's Curtain Theatre in East London. The original stage has been exposed to show its unusual shape, a passage beneath the stage and backstage areas unlike those found in other Elizabethan theatres.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/secret-passage-discovered-under-stage-shakespeares-theatre-1590729

marc
marco
2016-11-11 18:46:17 UTC
Before the famous Globe Theatre was built in 1599, William Shakespeare's dramatic productions were performed at the Curtain Theatre in East London.

Archaeologists have spent three months at the remains of the playhouse, and have revealed just how unusual the layout was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3924456/A-secret-passage-beneath-Shakespeare-s-Curtain-Theatre-revealed-nearly-400-years.html

marc
laraine
C.
A***@germanymail.com
2016-11-22 01:58:14 UTC
The excavation revealed that the rectangular theater was built for
performance and entertainment. Rather than a repurposed space with a
stage added, the Curtain Theatre was built as a performance space with
viewing galleries and a general audience courtyard, MOLA researchers said.
In fact, the archaeologists also discovered fragments of ceramic money
boxes, suggesting that the Curtain Theatre was one of the first
Elizabethan playhouses where audience members paid money for the
entertainment, the researchers said.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/11/18/excavations-at-shakespeares-curtain-theatre-reveal-elizabethan-secrets.html

marc
marco
2016-12-14 18:46:37 UTC
secrets

Of other men's secrets, I beseech you. Love's Labour's Lost: I, i
To hear her secrets so bewray'd. Various poetry: XIX
Thou to me thy secrets tell. The Winter's Tale: IV, iv

The secrets of my heart. Julius Caesar: II, i
Maids, matrons, nay, the secrets of the grave Cymbeline: III, iv
Left pap. in faith, secrets! Love's Labour's Lost: IV, iii

Is it excepted I should know no secrets Julius Caesar: II, i
And all the secrets of our camp i'll show, All's Well that Ends Well: IV, i
All blest secrets, King Lear: IV, iv

With secrets. Titus Andronicus: IV, ii
We have some secrets to confer about. The Two Gentlemen of Verona: III, i
To tell the secrets of my prison-house, Hamlet: I, v

To gaze upon the secrets of the deep? King Richard III: I, iv
To pry into the secrets of the state; King Henry VI, part II: I, i
The secrets of his overcharged soul; King Henry VI, part II: III, ii

Sir, there lies such secrets in this fardel and box, The Winter's Tale: IV, iv
Nor read the secrets in't. The Winter's Tale: III, ii
Good, good, my lord; the secrets of nature Toilus and Cressida: IV, ii

And not my husband's secrets? Julius Caesar: II, i
And wretched fools' secrets heedfully o'ereye. Love's Labour's Lost: IV, iii
A closet lock and key of villanous secrets Othello: IV, ii

secrets, but you must be tittle-tattling before all The Winter's Tale: IV, iv
secrets! i'll after, to rejoice in the boy's correction. The Two Gentlemen of Verona: III, i
Discovered the secrets of your army and made such All's Well that Ends Well: IV, iii

William Shakespeare, a gentleman
A***@germanymail.com