Shakespeare and me
Sandi Payne
2017-01-02 02:43:27 UTC
Hello my fellow Shakespeare historians,

I have been a lifelong student of the bard and have had many great and profound connections with his writing through my studies and performances.

I am about to undertake a writing project of somewhat epic proportions as I recently found out a possible reason why my life has been filled with his works. I am his first cousin 13 times removed. My 13th great grandmother is his first cousin Lettice Shakespeare Drake. We share the same grandfather, Richard Shakespeare, 1513-1561. (Shakespeare, Drake, 2xMansfield, 4xAllen, 6xWilcox, myself)

I am sure most of you would disbelieve this, however it is the truth. You can find your ancestors on Family Search.org and can also see who you may be related to in Relative Finder.com.

I have an Associates and Licentiate Diploma with Trinity College of London as well as Royal Conservatory of Music in Speech arts and Drama. I plan to approach this novel as an historic view from my ancestors. Any and all input into the research would be appreciated.

Sandra Payne
g***@btinternet.com
2017-01-02 13:31:48 UTC
Post by Sandi Payne
[...]
Hi there
There's plenty of historical documents on Shakespeare here.
http://www.shakespearedocumented.org/

Then there's my research on his wife...
http://therealchart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/real-william-shakespeare-chapter-2.html

Plus what she looked like...
http://therealchart.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/shakespeares-skull-or-anne-hathaways.html
A***@germanymail.com
2017-01-02 22:01:21 UTC
When responding to my posts - this weeks pass phrase is

Thou "art" a scholar

Art Neuendorffer
laraine
2017-01-03 20:20:06 UTC
Post by Sandi Payne
Hello my fellow Shakespeare historians,
I have been a lifelong student of the bard and have had many great and profound connections with his writing through my studies and performances.
I am about to undertake a writing project of somewhat epic proportions as I recently found out a possible reason why my life has been filled with his works. I am his first cousin 13 times removed. My 13th great grandmother is his first cousin Lettice Shakespeare Drake.
Lettice Shakespeare Drake, 1st cousin of W.S.
http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Shakespeare-25
Sandra Payne
laraine
2017-01-03 20:26:03 UTC
Post by laraine
Post by Sandi Payne
Hello my fellow Shakespeare historians,
I have been a lifelong student of the bard and have had many great and profound connections with his writing through my studies and performances.
I am about to undertake a writing project of somewhat epic proportions as I recently found out a possible reason why my life has been filled with his works. I am his first cousin 13 times removed. My 13th great grandmother is his first cousin Lettice Shakespeare Drake.
Lettice Shakespeare Drake, 1st cousin of W.S.
http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Shakespeare-25
I think the note on that page should read 'John Shakespeare
was her uncle'...

C.
A***@germanymail.com
2017-01-05 02:11:43 UTC
ancestors

Of all my buried ancestors are packed: Romeo and Juliet: IV, iii
When I am sleeping with my ancestors. King Henry IV, part II: IV, iv
That which his noble ancestors achieved with blows: King Richard II: II, i

And she lies buried with her ancestors; Much Ado About Nothing: V, i
Bequeathed down from many ancestors; All's Well that Ends Well: IV, ii
With burial amongst their ancestors: Titus Andronicus: I, i

Will have a wild trick of his ancestors. King Henry IV, part I: V, ii
The kings your ancestors, together with Cymbeline: III, i
The scepter'd office of your ancestors, King Richard III: III, vii

Quite from the flight of all thy ancestors. King Henry IV, part I: III, ii
Of six preceding ancestors, that gem, All's Well that Ends Well: V, iii
My derivation was from ancestors Pericles, Prince of Tyre: V, i

My ancestors did from the streets of rome Julius Caesar: II, i
Look back into your mighty ancestors: King Henry V: I, ii
Have thews and limbs like to their ancestors; Julius Caesar: I, iii

Good ancestors. Cymbeline: IV, ii
Give him a statue with his ancestors. Julius Caesar: III, ii
From his most famed of famous ancestors, King Henry V: II, iv

Bring in to any of your ancestors. King Henry V: I, ii
All his ancestors that come after him may: they may Merry Wives of Windsor: I, i

William Shakespeare, gentleman
A***@germanymail.com

Art N
v***@gmail.com
2017-01-14 21:28:32 UTC
Post by Sandi Payne
Hello my fellow Shakespeare historians,
Hello Sandra,
Post by Sandi Payne
I have been a lifelong student of the bard and have had many great and profound connections with his writing through my studies and performances.
I am about to undertake a writing project of somewhat epic proportions as I recently found out a possible reason why my life has been filled with his works. I am his first cousin 13 times removed. My 13th great grandmother is his first cousin Lettice Shakespeare Drake. We share the same grandfather, Richard Shakespeare, 1513-1561. (Shakespeare, Drake, 2xMansfield, 4xAllen, 6xWilcox, myself)
I am not sure what resource I can provide you, but I am interested in etymologies and of what you have written could say, though perhaps you already know same, about the first name 'Lettice':—

A kind of grey fur — "Lettyce a furre, letice" Palsgrave.

Whether the lettice cap was a fur in which this fur was introduced I am not certain, but mention is made in an early manuscript of "an ermine or lattice bonnet," Planché p. 262. Nares has fallen into unnecessary conjectures by not understanding the meaning of the term — says Halliwell.

Cordially, Phil Innes
Sandra Payne
marco
2017-01-14 22:44:04 UTC
this brings up some interesting thoughts about word meanings,
now and 400 years ago

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-online-dictionary.htm

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/10/change-in-word-meanings/

marc