Shakespeare In Black & White:...
2017-07-07 00:03:43 UTC
The Southern Shakespeare Company plans to put a twist on Romeo & Juliet
next spring by putting race relations at the forefront of the play.

The story of the Montagues and the Capulets will take on a new spin in the
spring of 2018. The Southern Shakespeare Company hopes to portray the
classic couple of Romeo & Juliet as inter-racial. The company’s Education Director Phil Croton wants this play to start a dialogue about race.

http://news.wfsu.org/post/shakespeare-black-white-multi-racial-casting-call

marc
A***@germanymail.com
2017-07-09 18:03:07 UTC
blackness, whiteness

To keep his bed of blackness unlaid ope, Pericles, Prince of Tyre: I, ii
The raven chides blackness. Toilus and Cressida: II, iii

She'll find a white that shall her blackness fit. Othello: II, i
More fiery by night's blackness; hereditary, Antony and Cleopatra: I, iv

Wringing her hands, whose whiteness so became them The Two Gentlemen of Verona: III, i
Thou tremblest; and the whiteness in thy cheek King Henry IV, part II: I, i

The purity and whiteness of my sheets, The Winter's Tale: I, ii
In angel whiteness beat away those blushes; Much Ado About Nothing: IV, i
whiteness in them; but I guess it stood in her chin, The Comedy of Errors: III, ii

William Shakespeare, writer
A***@germanymail.com
2017-08-07 22:00:33 UTC