Shakespeare's Political Tempest
2017-05-01 02:29:12 UTC
Of the great minds in the Western canon, Shakespeare is perhaps least in need
of another profile or of someone to “sell” him as a delightful source of
wisdom. And like many of Shakespeare’s plays, The Tempest raises
more philosophical questions than are possible—or even desirable—to present
in a brief sketch of the argument and action of this drama.

In slight evasion of these interlocking problems, I lay before you the
general animating theme of The Tempest—the nature or art of ruling—as a way
into this beguiling play and a lens through which to appreciate The Bard more generally.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbahr1/2017/04/28/shakespeares-political-tempest/#16d5e67963be

marc
A***@germanymail.com
2017-05-10 00:16:04 UTC
politician

Of this vile politician, bolingbroke. King Henry IV, part I: I, iii

My lady's a cataian, we are politicians, malvolio's Twelfth Night: II, iii

Might be the pate of a politician, which this ass Hamlet: V, i

And like a scurvy politician, seem King Lear: IV, vi
politician. Twelfth Night: III, ii

William Shakespeare, poet