Who is Alan Tarica?
Melanie Sands
2013-02-12 16:31:42 UTC
Got this email:

QUOTE:
"
Melanie,
Once again I thought you might enjoy my reading of Shakespeare's Sonnets.
https://sites.google.com/site/eternitypromised/
I have little expectation that you are capable of providing them but I would welcome your thoughts."
UNQUOTE

He has "little expectation" that I am "capable of providing
thoughts"?!!

Gee, how flattering.

And what's this "once again"? Did we have a one-night stand
or something?

Barbiedoll

Sincerely,

Alan
marco
2013-02-12 16:58:03 UTC
Off Topic, but some might be interested

on PBS tonight, Tuesday [2 hours]

John D. Rockefeller - The American Experience

A profile of oil magnate John D. Rockefeller (1839-1937), the world's first billionaire. At the height of his success, his companies owned 90 percent of the world's oil refineries and a third of all oil wells.

marc
David L. Webb
2013-02-12 18:49:16 UTC
Post by Melanie Sands
"
Melanie,
Once again I thought you might enjoy my reading of Shakespeare's Sonnets.
https://sites.google.com/site/eternitypromised/
I have little expectation that you are capable of providing them but I would
welcome your thoughts."
UNQUOTE
He has "little expectation" that I am "capable of providing
thoughts"?!!
Gee, how flattering.
And what's this "once again"? Did we have a one-night stand
or something?
Barbiedoll
Come now, Melanie -- surely you noticed that "Tarica" is an anagram
of "Art: CIA"! That should give h.l.a.s.'s small but outspoken paranoid
wing ample food for thought.
Post by Melanie Sands
Sincerely,
Alan
Melanie Sands
2013-02-13 14:48:08 UTC
Post by David L. Webb
Come now, Melanie -- surely you noticed that "Tarica" is an anagram
of "Art: CIA"! That should give h.l.a.s.'s small but outspoken paranoid
wing ample food for thought.
And "Alan" - is that Lana? Lana Turner? Lana Del Ray?
Lana Lang from Superman? Lana means wool - does this
mean...oh perish the thought...someone is pulling the wool
over our eyes?

The Plot Thickens!

Especially as SOMEONE ELSE on this newsgroup - who's a
lot smarter than I am, BTW - got THE EXACT SAME EMAIL
from said Wooly Tarica!

It's a conspiracy!

Melanie
David L. Webb
2013-02-14 17:39:09 UTC
Post by Melanie Sands
Post by David L. Webb
Come now, Melanie -- surely you noticed that "Tarica" is an anagram
of "Art: CIA"! That should give h.l.a.s.'s small but outspoken paranoid
wing ample food for thought.
One might add that, like any good spy, Art shows betrays no sign of
any link with anything resembling intelligence.
Post by Melanie Sands
And "Alan" - is that Lana? Lana Turner? Lana Del Ray?
Lana Lang from Superman? Lana means wool - does this
mean...oh perish the thought...someone is pulling the wool
over our eyes?
Of course, "Alan" also admits another anagram that you decorously
refrained from mentioning.
Post by Melanie Sands
The Plot Thickens!
Especially as SOMEONE ELSE on this newsgroup - who's a
lot smarter than I am, BTW
I doubt that, Melanie -- don't sell yourself short.
Post by Melanie Sands
- got THE EXACT SAME EMAIL
from said Wooly Tarica!
It's a conspiracy!
It must be. It shouldn't take Art too long to figure out who is
behind it. Templars, perhaps?
Melanie
h***@gmail.com
Alan
s***@gmail.com
Alan
e...p
2013-11-15 19:24:42 UTC
Hi Everyone -- I just got a series of harassing emails from "Alan Tarica," so I thought I'd add my experiences to the list. I thought I would post our exchange here to clear up any confusion for anyone else who has the strange and unfortunate experience of interacting with him. I have no idea who this guy is -- he emailed me completely out of the blue and refused to identify himself. In a nutshell: Alan Tarica is a some sort of weirdo who goes around randomly emailing people, trying to get them to read his bogus conspiracy theory website on Shakespeare's sonnets. If you respond to him in any way whatsoever (perhaps to ask him "who are you?") he will refuse to tell you who he is, and insult you in order to try to goad you into looking at his website. It is a truly strange experience. Here is the exchange I had with him last week:

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Evander,
I thought you might enjoy my take on Shakespeare's Sonnets.

https://sites.google.com/site/eternitypromised/

Sincerely,
Alan Tarica

--------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM, E..P <e…***@gmail.com> wrote:
Beg your pardon, but do I know you?

------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Why do you suppose that is the most relevant question? Are you concerned about the link? In that case it is a google site and completely safe.
Do you not run a literary blog? Are you not interested in literature, arts, culture? How many people are offering complete exegeses of Shakespeare's Sonnets? Do you not think it would be worth a look?
Why don't you show me how smart you are and savage me with your brilliant criticism?

------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM, E..P <e…***@gmail.com> wrote:
This is truly a strange exchange.

I'm not in the mood to be challenged by some anonymous person on the internet who seems to be cold calling random scholars with trolling remarks. Surely someone such as yourself with such knowledge of Shakespeare would have better understanding of propriety and etiquette than to go about so randomly and rudely.

Please do not contact me further.

-------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Fine it will be my pleasure not to have to interact further with you but to suggest propriety and etiquette trumps veracity and knowledge is a position only a fool could take.

------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM, E..P <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Your claim may be true, and yet, here we are, one of us in graduate school, and the other of us spending his days sending rude emails to random people on the internet.

----------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm done with graduate school and the fact that by your own admission you are not smart enough to any reasonable determination of the epistemological quality of my work illustrates quite clearly your own lack of ability and intellect to be quite frank. And you'll like never be in any position to send random emails and receive responses like this:

Greenblatt, Stephen <***@f.h.edu>

Dear Alan Tarica,

Many thanks for this, which I've begun to read with pleasure.

Best,

SG

------------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM, E..P <***@gmail.com> wrote:
The lady doth protest too much methinks.

--------------------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Real clever you intellectual pansy.

------------------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM, E..P <***@gmail.com> wrote:
Why? Who are you? You email me out of the blue and ask that I review your work. All I asked is who you are and you start insulting me.

Random anonymous internet troll starts spewing ad hominem attacks at random people he emails. No way I will click your link -- how could I possibly trust it?

----------------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't ask you to review anything dipshit. I offered it purely for your edification (which you obviously need). Further explained that the link is obviously safe and to which again you would realize if again you were not a dipshit.

I don't give a shit if you look or not at this point. You are obviously clueless and useless.

------------------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM, E..P <***@gmail.com> wrote:
I finally Googled you and found that you do this regularly to all sorts of people.
Scholarship doesn't hide underneath the cloak of anonymity.
You are nothing more than a conspiracy theorist -- but I do hope that your anonymous, one-man effort to promote your work provides you at least with a sense of fulfillment and purpose.

------------

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM, <***@gmail.com> wrote:
You are a complete idiot. It is not anonymous when I put my name on it! And if you were not completely stupid and had the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity, talent and integrity you would fully recognize that I'm not just a conspiracy theorist, but a brilliantly creative conspiracy theorist.

--------------
John W Kennedy
2013-11-15 21:42:46 UTC
Alan Tarica is an Oxfordian who believes that the best way to interpret
the sonnets is to read them backward. You are not the first to complain
of him.
--
John W Kennedy
"...if you had to fall in love with someone who was evil, I can see why
-- "Alias"
David L. Webb
2013-11-16 01:59:59 UTC
Post by e...p
Hi Everyone -- I just got a series of harassing emails from "Alan Tarica," so
I thought I'd add my experiences to the list. I thought I would post our
exchange here to clear up any confusion for anyone else who has the strange
and unfortunate experience of interacting with him. I have no idea who this
guy is -- he emailed me completely out of the blue and refused to identify
himself. In a nutshell: Alan Tarica is a some sort of weirdo who goes around
randomly emailing people, trying to get them to read his bogus conspiracy
theory website on Shakespeare's sonnets. If you respond to him in any way
whatsoever (perhaps to ask him "who are you?") he will refuse to tell you who
he is, and insult you in order to try to goad you into looking at his
website.
Even if you don't respond to him *at all* he will email you
gratuitous insults anyway. He seems desperate for someone to read his
web site. That few intelligent people evidently have done so (or have
bothered to demolish it) is his great good fortune, as Irving Matus said
of Oxfordians generally. It reminds me of Mr. Streitz's blanket email
(some years ago) to all manner of scholars asking them to review his
hilarious book in exchange for a free copy.

I have ignored all his emails, but I have nonetheless received at
least four of them during the past year, each one more insulting than
the previous one -- one or more of them bore the delightful subject line
"Intellectual wimpiness", as I recall. It's pretty bizarre -- he seems
to think that his theory is scientific, and he has characterized it as
"probabilistic", "testable", "falsifiable", etc. He even writes of its
putative "predictive value".
--------------
Melanie Sands
2013-11-16 17:51:19 UTC
Post by e...p
[...]
Well, he stopped emailing me after the first time, and is probably
still salivating with gratefulness that I wrote a post with his
name so prominently on it on this newsgroup, which makes me in
his opinion presumably brilliantly intelligent, which just goes to
show how wrong someone can be.

Melanie
k***@gmail.com
2014-05-03 18:24:23 UTC
Just got this:

Katie,

I thought you would enjoy my original adaptation of Shakespeare's Sonnets.

https://sites.google.com/site/eternitypromised/

It is a Google site and thus I'm sure as you know it is safe link.

Perhaps this testimonial from the Vermont Poetry Newsletter will help:

http://poemshape.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/vermont-poetry-newsletter-%E2%80%A2-april-20-2013/
(See bullet 8)

For the love of Shakespeare, you've just got to visit Alan Tarica's web site, which deals with the poetic history (and more!) of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Or this testimonial/challenge from the The Canadian will help:

http://www.thecanadiandaily.ca/alan-tarica-true-story-shake-speares-sonnets/

"I hope that readers and skeptics will consider this a challenge and respond."

Sincerely,
Alan Tarica
"
Alan
Peter J Ross
2014-05-04 16:38:02 UTC
In humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare on Sat, 3 May 2014 11:24:23
Post by k***@gmail.com
Katie,
I thought you would enjoy my original adaptation of Shakespeare's Sonnets.
https://sites.google.com/site/eternitypromised/
*yawn*

It's the usual semi-literate rubbish. The argument is that if one
reads the Sonnets backwards, the author (naturally not the real
author, William Shakespeare, but some other bloke) can be proved to be
addressing Liz I and asking her to recognise the legitimacy of the son
she bore to the bloke, thus enabling his and her line to continue, the
Armada to be defeated, the Freemasons to be locked up in the Great
Pyramid, and Mork and Mindy to live happily ever after. (I may have
remembered some of the last parts of the argument slightly wrong.)
--
PJR :-)

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
p***@gmail.com
Alan
a***@gmail.com

Alan
marco
2014-07-07 19:59:25 UTC
marco
Art N
h***@gmail.com
Alan
k***@gmail.com
2014-09-20 15:22:08 UTC
I am so glad to see that I am not the only person being harassed by this pompous nag. Sorry gang, but misery loves company.
f***@bluemail.ch
2014-09-25 07:14:27 UTC
Post by Melanie Sands
Well, he stopped emailing me after the first time, and is probably
still salivating with gratefulness that I wrote a post with his
name so prominently on it on this newsgroup, which makes me in
his opinion presumably brilliantly intelligent, which just goes to
show how wrong someone can be.
Hi Melanie,
you might perhaps remember me from the summer of 2010.
We had some short and pleasant conversations, although
we are of different opinions. This morning I remembered
this group and had a look. Am apalled. What happens here?
How come a thread of 19 messages got 1530 views? Does
someone use an automatic program calling up certain
threads? Is the Usenet generally in decline?

If someone proposes a new hypothesis, ask him or her
for one single valid insight.

As for me, I believe the only way to find out the true
identity of the author in question is hermeneutics:
what can we gain from the plays themselves? what are
their messages? You may remember that I am an Oxfordian,
and compiled my interpretations from 2010 in one page
http://www.seshat.ch/home/vere.htm
(in freestyle English)
Don't worry, I come here for a flying visit and won't stay.
Go on being the good spirit of this haunted group
Franz

Page 1 of 2