Shakespearean Puns
marco
2017-07-23 23:20:23 UTC
Shakespeare’s plays and his sonnets are crammed with puns. Many of them are
among the most quoted phrases in the English language: for example, the
opening lines of Richard III – ‘Now is the winter of our discontent made
glorious summer by this sun of York,’ where the speaker, Richard, is referring
to himself, a son of the house of York. By using that pun Shakespeare
transforms the seasons of winter and summer into the idea of bleak and good times.

http://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/resources/shakespeare-puns/

marc
A***@germanymail.com
Art N
marco
2017-08-01 03:36:42 UTC
pun

He would pun thee into shivers with his fist, as a Toilus and Cressida: II, i

William Shakespeare, comedian
A***@germanymail.com
2017-08-07 14:15:37 UTC
Art Neuendorffer