Shakespeare and his co-authors - Penn engineers
2016-12-21 20:58:49 UTC
[also a short Video]

A team of Penn researchers has found an answer—in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, of all places.

“There is evidence that about a third of plays that Shakespeare wrote contain pieces that were not written by him,” Ribeiro says.

Egan says the evidence points to Marlowe, and credits him with penning the famous line, “First thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers” in “Henry VI, Part 2,” along with other scenes featuring the character Jack Cade.

https://penncurrent.upenn.edu/features/shakespeare-and-his-co-authors-as-told-by-penn-engineers

marc
g***@btinternet.com
2016-12-22 01:45:36 UTC
[also a short Video]
A team of Penn researchers has found an answer—in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, of all places.
“There is evidence that about a third of plays that Shakespeare wrote contain pieces that were not written by him,” Ribeiro says.
Egan says the evidence points to Marlowe, and credits him with penning the famous line, “First thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers” in “Henry VI, Part 2,” along with other scenes featuring the character Jack Cade.
https://penncurrent.upenn.edu/features/shakespeare-and-his-co-authors-as-told-by-penn-engineers
marc
It's what I have been saying all along. The plays were written as a co-operative. With those that could, writing the lines. Marlowe was playing the parts he wrote and comes up with the lines he speaks in the play.
When you have a company of 20 writers doing the work you can turn out plays rapidly. And they have the collected experiences to draw onto. One could have worked as a lawyer, another a doctor and so on. You never have a problem with writers block, because someone else will figure out what is next.
Shakespeare was merely the ring leader of the group.
marco