Battle the Bard Shakespeare Remix Competition
2017-05-14 03:32:30 UTC
Can you go toe to toe with one of history’s greatest playwrights? Call it
hubris—or a heck of a challenge. Whatever you call it, you can try it with
an international contest in search of partner works to William Shakespeare’s original 38 plays.

As Fine Books & Collections’ Rebecca Rego Barry reports, the American
Shakespeare Center in Staunton, Virginia is hosting a contest in search of
new Shakespeare-adjacent plays. “Shakespeare’s New Contemporaries” will offer
two annual prizes of $25,000 to playwrights who pen the best companion piece to
a Shakespeare play, then given them the cash to come to Staunton and watch
as their modern masterpiece is staged.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/battle-bard-shakespeare-remix-competition-180963246/

marc
marco
2017-05-15 01:39:35 UTC
battle's

When the battle's lost and won. Macbeth: I, i

Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought. King Lear: IV, vii

See who it is: and, now the battle's ended, King Henry VI, part III: II, vi

Charged our main battle's front, and breaking in King Henry VI, part III: I, i

William Shakespeare, gentleman
A***@germanymail.com