Ghostbusters Has Been Turned Into Shakespeare
2017-05-16 01:39:48 UTC
When something is well-written, it’s not uncommon to hear someone refer to it
as “Shakespeare.” For example, hypothetically, someone might say, “The script
for Ghostbusters was so good, it’s like Shakespeare.”

But what if Ghostbusters actually was written by Shakespeare?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/ghostbusters-has-been-turned-into-shakespeare-1795144447

marc
marco
2017-05-16 13:38:42 UTC
ghosts

My wife and children's ghosts will haunt me still. Macbeth: V, vii
At whose approach, ghosts, wandering here and there, A Midsummer Night's Dream: III, ii

Why all these fires, why all these gliding ghosts, Julius Caesar: I, iii
Some haunted by the ghosts they have deposed; King Richard II: III, ii

So many horrid ghosts. o now, who will behold King Henry V: III, vii
Or we poor ghosts will cry Cymbeline: V, iv

Offend our hearing; hush! how dare you ghosts Cymbeline: V, iv
And with our sprightly port make the ghosts gaze: Antony and Cleopatra: IV, xiv

And spirits walk and ghosts break up their graves, King Henry VI, part II: I, iv
And ghosts did shriek and squeal about the streets. Julius Caesar: II, ii

Otherwhiles the famish'd english, like pale ghosts, King Henry VI, part I: I, ii

William Shakespeare, gentleman
A***@germanymail.com
Art N
g***@btinternet.com
2017-05-22 19:58:36 UTC
When something is well-written, it’s not uncommon to hear someone refer to it
as “Shakespeare.” For example, hypothetically, someone might say, “The script
for Ghostbusters was so good, it’s like Shakespeare.”
But what if Ghostbusters actually was written by Shakespeare?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/ghostbusters-has-been-turned-into-shakespeare-1795144447
marc
Oddly enough I have started to see ghosts in the last few years. I don't see them straight away. Nothing as weird as that with me! I see them when I am in relaxed state, mostly when I lay in bed first thing at night. They are not there with me in the room! I see sort of a preview of the day's event. So if I have been somewhere were ghosts were present, even though I saw and experienced nothing. I get to see them in these visions of the day!
It seems the most hunted places are hospitals. They are full of them. I think the vast majority of them come down to visit patients that are in the hospitals, along with the normal visitors. If you like they get to see both sick and well people at the same time!
A friend suggested we went to see a real psychic doing his thing, talking to ghosts! So I went. At one point the chap claimed to see a ghost of a woman who swore a lot at the back of the room. I turned around and saw nothing. That night In my relaxed state that part played out again. And when I turned around this time. Guess what I saw?
"Nothing"
There was no ghost there at all.
marco
2017-05-22 20:33:09 UTC
Post by g***@btinternet.com
Post by marco
[...]
i've been doing alot of meditating lately,
and seems to have led to much more Dreaming.
Now, i wonder if this more dreaming is normal as you get older

i can't say i've really seen any ghosts,
or done much hallucinating, which might be thought of as ghosts...

marc
A***@germanymail.com
Art N
g***@btinternet.com
2017-05-24 00:24:15 UTC
Post by g***@btinternet.com
Post by marco
[...]
People dream all the time, every time the sleep. We just don't remember them all. All sorts of things can affect your sleep patterns and thus how you remember your dream.
Some dreams are the result of your own body reactions. For example I think the human body runs tests on itself. The most common one is the heart test. It deliberately runs the heart fast. Scientists have shown that when the heart runs fast it triggers a dream. Often a scary one! So when you wake up from the nightmare and your heart is pounding away, you think the nightmare caused it. When in fact it was the heart beating fast that caused the nightmare.

By the way I am not asleep when the visions of ghosts appear. Just in a relaxed state. Unlike dreams the visions are accurate about the buildings and places they occur. Plus there is full sound.
For example I went to a funeral of my uncle. And he was there with his late wife, looking younger than when he died, following the coffin in to the chapel. An exact replay from where I stood that same day! Except I saw no ghosts. They were saying things to each other about who had turned up etc. But for example they ignored a daughter who was in tears. Probably I think because they knew there was nothing they could do to help her.