heterodOX ideas
2018-02-18 01:56:07 UTC
<< What order [do I belong] , Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
Lea wrote: <<KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art.>>
Michael Dunn is a very real Oxfordian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
<<But Art -- if Oxfordians were to get smart,
then they could no longer be Oxfordians!>>
If Oxfordians were to get smart, then they would be Groupists!
Lea wrote:

<<If they were *truly* smart, they would have rejected the
Stratman back when they rejected the tooth fairy & Easter Bunny.
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me
I?! Make fun of *you*, Art?!
by the company I keep
<<You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among
friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the
above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as
George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while
Michell has been dead since 2009.>>
1) right wing nutjobs,
2) promoting crazy non-authorship ideas,
Lea wrote:

<<That's not surprising. The craziness of your authorship "ideas" far exceeds the craziness of their non-authorship ideas, so they doubtless feel that their ideas are sane by comparison.
3) Putin puppets,
Lea wrote:

<<There you go, Art -- that's all the *more* reason that you should be burnishing your resumé and angling for a top job in the Trump administration! You possess not only the requirements for the job -- among those are illiteracy and unshakable imperviousness to established fact -- but if you're in contact with Putin puppets, then you also have the right connections!
4) Stratfordian math professors specifically assigned to me.
It's a pretty SAD group overall.
Lea wrote:

<<But Art -- "overall" is an anagram of "A Ver?! LOL!"
Beggars can't be choosers.
Lea wrote: <<But buggerers *can* be losers!>>
It takes one to know one.
Lea wrote:

<<No, Art. If that's true, then you are confirmed as a demented belieVER that the lunar landing was a hoax, that space aliens have been abducting and sexually abusing humans, that the title page to Shakespeare's sonnets encodes the Euler number e (a number discoVERed by a man born a half century after Shakespeare's sonnets were published!), a cold fusion conspiracy proponent, etc. -- all on the basis of those whom have acknowledged knowing and even keeping company with!>>
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets title page includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorean triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon
by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop,
Lea wrote:

<<...a VERy common trait among anti-Stratfordian cranks...
Alan blunders on to state that also hidden in the Sonnets titlepage [sic]
1) e = 2.718281
<<Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational
(in fact, transcendental), Art?>>
Alan can be irrational (if not transcendental).
Lea wrote: <<Evidently.>>
2) Bruns [sic] constant &
3) Euler's constant.
Lea wrote:

<<I assume that you mean the Euler-Mascheroni constant, jocularly
characterized as the sum of the harmonic series minus the log of
infinity, rather than e, which is also (somewhat inaccurately)
called Euler's constant by some.>>
You mean as you (somewhat inaccurately) just did:

Lea wrote:

<No, Art. If that's true, then you are confirmed as a demented belieVER
that...the title page to Shakespeare's sonnets encodes the Euler number e !>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_number

The odd-indexed Euler numbers are all zero.

The even-indexed ones (sequence A028296 in the OEIS)
have alternating signs. Some values are:

E0 = 1
E2 = −1
E4 = 5
E6 = −61
E8 = 1385
E10 = −50521
E12 = 2702765
E14 = −199360981
E16 = 19391512145
E18 = −2404879675441
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler%E2%80%93Mascheroni_constant

<<The Euler constant first appeared in a 1734 paper by the Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler, titled De Progressionibus harmonicis observationes (Eneström Index 43). Euler used the notations C and O for the constant. In 1790, Italian mathematician Lorenzo Mascheroni used the notations A and a for the constant.>>
So Lorenzo Mascheroni comes along 56 years
after Euler and he gets *equal credit*...but

when Lawrence Crone & Arthur Neuendorffer are 104 years late...
"Functional Powers near a Fixed Point"
by Lawrence J. Crone and Arthur C. Neuendorffer,
_Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications_,
Vol.132, No.2 June 1988.
"The authors discuss the problem of defining functional powers of
nonintegral order for an analytic mapping $z\rightarrow F(z)$ in the
neighbourhood of a fixed point $c$ at which $F(c)=c$, $|F'(c)|>1$. The
solution which they obtain is equivalent to that of, e.g., \n G.
Koenigs\en \ref[Ann. Sci. École Norm. Sup. (3) Suppl. 1884 , 1--41;
Jbuch 16 , 376]. See also a paper by \n G. Szekeres\en \ref[Acta Math.
100 (1958), 203--258; MR 21 #5744 ]. Examples discussed include
$F(z)=e^z$ with $c=0.318132+1.33724i$."
Only 104 years too late. :-)
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>
Neufer wrote: It's SAD!
Lea wrote: <<The two are not mutually exclusive, Art.>>
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>
I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
Lea wrote:

<<Oh, come off it, Art. Next you'll be telling me that you
don't know who "Dr." Faker is -- or who Noonedafter is!>>

I know who Dweeb is.
<<He of the cold fusion conspiracy, Art -- not to mention the misbegotten
monograph on Shakespeare's Bible (about which the less said, the better).>>
Shakespeare owned a Bible? Is it kept at the Folger?
http://www.davidroper.eu/
<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>
"Mathematicians prove it's possible."
<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>
And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
<<Absolutely! And "Dr." Faker's lunar landing "hoax".
And Elizabeth Weird's relativity denial.
Anti-Stratfordians are such amusing all-around cranks!>>
Well...we can't be right about EVERything (especially Baconians).
Lea wrote:

<<It would be a good start if you could be right about *something* for a change, Art.
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>
Politics never came up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)
Lea wrote: <<I'm glad to hear that, Art.>>
<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing
political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and
Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>
I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.
Lea wrote: <<I haven't heard of him.>>
https://brooklynrail.org/2013/02/books/shake-speare-fission
Lea wrote:

<<Thanks, Art -- this, too, is hilarious!
I'll tell the Grand Master about it;
maybe he'll assign someone to Harris.

That all sounds rather Dyer!
<<Does he also have heterodOX ideas about science and mathematics?>>
Being the illegitimate son of Ruth Gordon so he has
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Gordon
Lea wrote:

<<I don't see what kinship with Ruth Gordon
has to do with having heterodOX ideas.>>

Tannis, anyone?
An Epitaph on the admirable Dramaticke [POET], W. Shakespeare.
Second Folio (Milton : 1632)

What neede my Shakes{P}eare for his honour'd b{O}nes,
The labour of an Ag{E}, in piled stones
Or tha{T} his hallow'd Reliques {S}hould be hid
Vnder a starre-ypointing *PYRAMID* ?
. <= 19 =>
.
. W h a t n e e d e m y S h a k e s {P} e
. a r e f o r h i s h o n o u r'd b {O} n
. e s,T h e l a b o u r o f a n A g {E},i
. n p i l e d s t o n e s O r t h a {T} h
. i s h a l l o w'd R e l i q u e s {S} h
. o u l d b e h i d V n d e r a s t a r
. r e-y p o i n t i n g P y r a m i d?

{POETS} 19 : Prob. at top ~ 1 in 785
"Shakespeare": "They tke the *FLOW o' the NILE*
____ By certain scales i' the *PYRAMID*."
. T
. O T H
. E(O)N L I
. E B(E)G E{T}T
. E R O(F)T H{E}S E
. I N S U(I)N G{S}O N N
. E T S M R(W|H}A L L H A P
. P I N E(S|S|E|A}N D T H A T E
. T E R N I(T|I)E[P]R O M I S E D B
. Y O U R E V(E|R)L[I]V I N G P O E T W
. I S H E T H T(H|E)W[E]L L W I S H I N G A
. D V E N T U R E R I N[S]E T T I N G F O R T H
[PIES] Prob. in center bottom ~ 1 in 32,000
{HAPI} Prob. in center ~ 1 in in 16,000
<<{HAPI} (Golden Dawn) One of the Four Sons of Horus, {HAPI}
. was represented as a mummified man with the head of a *BABOON*.
.He was the protector of the lungs of the deceased, & was protected
. by the goddess Nephthys. The name {HAPI}, spelled with different
. HIEROGLYPHs, in most but not all cases, is also the name
. of the god who was the personification of the River *NILE*
. depicted as a corpulent man [Falstaff? / N(ev)ILE?]
. with a *CROWN of LILIES* (Upper {NILE} )
. or papyrus plants (Lower {NILE>). - Shawn C. Knight
_______________ <= 19 =>
.
. T OTHEO - (N) l ___{I} _ <E>B E G E T T E RO
. F THESE_- (I) n __-{S} - U<I>N G S O N N ET
. S MrWha_- (L) L __ [H]A {P} <P>{I}_(N){S}S{S}EA
. N Dthat___ (E) T __ [E]R N_ <I> T__(I) E<P>R OM
. I SEDB Y O u ___- [R]E _ V <E> R_ (L)<I>V I NG
. <P>OEtW I s h ____ [E]T __ H (T) H__(E) W E L LW
. <I>ShIN- G a _____ [d V e] __ N (T) u _____ ReRI NS
. <E>tTIN G fort----_________ H (T) t
. Probability of Upper & Lower (NILE)'s ~ 1/176,000
. Probability of 4 oven <PIE>'s ~ 1/38,000
<<But you neVER answered my question, Art: What did St. Carolyn give you
for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_?
Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods? Steven Thomas's _The moon
Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis
Carr?
A bed quilt & a handmade pajama top.
Lea wrote:

<<Are you sure that the pajama top is not a cleVERly disguised straitjacket, Art?

Dr. HAPIrstein: "Come with us quietly, Art. Don't argue or make a scene.
Because if you say anything more about Masons or Masoncraft,
we're gonna be forced to take you to a mental hospital.
You don't want that, do you?"
<<I hope that whateVER gifts you received were to your liking,
Art, and that your birthday was happy.>>
Much appreciated, Dave.
<<I just hope that advancing age doesn't worsen your already alarming senility.>>
That's why I've taken up the hobby of
figuring out who wrote Shakespeare.
Lea wrote:

<<But that will *exacerbate* your condition, Art! It will put you in contact with all sorts of other demented cranks who believe all manner of idiotic crap!>>

You mean how I met you?
(Carolyn & I also work together on the Post Sunday Crossword.)
Lea wrote:

<<I hope that you're better at crosswords than you are at anagrams, acrostics, equidistant letter sequences, etc., Art, or that you get a *lot* of help and guidance from St. Carolyn.>>

We make a good crossword team and generally finish about 2/3's of them.

Lea wrote:

<<Personally, I prefer the New York Times crossword, although I rarely bother with Sunday's puzzle; the Thursday puzzle is often the most interesting one of the week.>>

You can't handle the Sunday puzzle! Who's gonna do it? You? You, Professor Webb? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You have the luxury of knowing things I don't know. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the VERy freedom of speech that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up the Sunday puzzle in the Post.
nordicskiv2
2018-02-18 15:19:36 UTC
<< What order [do I belong] [[sic]]
Is English your native tongue, Art?
http://youtu.be/s6A5O3OO-Uo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
<<But Art -- if Oxfordians were to get smart,
then they could no longer be Oxfordians!>>
If Oxfordians were to get smart, then they would be Groupists!
<<If they were *truly* smart, they would have rejected the
Stratman back when they rejected the tooth fairy & Easter Bunny.
No, Art; that's *not* what I wrote. If you can't even *quote* your interlocutors correctly, then either your senility is even farther advanced than I feared (the more charitable explanation) or you are as fraudulent as "Dr." Faker's advanced degrees.
[...]
You still have not answered this question, Art: Among friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank, or Crank?
[...]
Well? When are you going to apply, Art?
4) Stratfordian math professors specifically assigned to me.
How many mathematics professors from Stratford do you know, Art?
[...]
There is no uniVERsal consensus on the terminology, Art; some call e the Euler number in honor of Euler's celebrated formula e^{pi i}=-1, which is not unreasonable.
<No, Art. If that's true, then you are confirmed as a demented belieVER
that...the title page to Shakespeare's sonnets encodes the Euler number e !>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_number
The odd-indexed Euler numbers are all zero.
Those are the Euler numbers (plural), Art. There are also the Euler class, the Euler characteristic, etc. -- lots of things are named for Euler, and for good reason.

[...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler%E2%80%93Mascheroni_constant
<<The Euler constant first appeared in a 1734 paper by the Swiss
mathematician Leonhard Euler, titled De Progressionibus harmonicis
observationes (Eneström Index 43). Euler used the notations C and O for
the constant. In 1790, Italian mathematician Lorenzo Mascheroni used the
notations A and a for the constant.>>
So Lorenzo Mascheroni comes along 56 years
after Euler and he gets *equal credit*
In the case of the Mohr–Mascheroni theorem, Mohr published a proof of the theorem 125 years before Mascheroni.
...but
when Lawrence Crone & Arthur Neuendorffer are 104 years late...
"Functional Powers near a Fixed Point"
by Lawrence J. Crone and Arthur C. Neuendorffer,
_Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications_,
Vol.132, No.2 June 1988.
"The authors discuss the problem of defining functional powers of
nonintegral order for an analytic mapping $z\rightarrow F(z)$ in the
neighbourhood of a fixed point $c$ at which $F(c)=c$, $|F'(c)|>1$. The
solution which they obtain is equivalent to that of, e.g., \n G.
Koenigs\en \ref[Ann. Sci. École Norm. Sup. (3) Suppl. 1884 , 1--41;
Jbuch 16 , 376]. See also a paper by \n G. Szekeres\en \ref[Acta Math.
100 (1958), 203--258; MR 21 #5744 ]. Examples discussed include
$F(z)=e^z$ with $c=0.318132+1.33724i$."
Only 104 years too late. :-)
Too bad, Art. Is that why you began "researching" (usual disclaimer) Shakespeare authorship and producing results that nobody else would be caught dead in a ditch with, so that your priority would be undisputed? If so, you have succeeded: *nobody* is going to steal *your* ideas (usual disclaimer), Art!
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>
Neufer (aka Noonedafter) wrote: It's SAD!
[...]
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>
I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
<<Oh, come off it, Art. Next you'll be telling me that you
don't know who "Dr." Faker is -- or who Noonedafter is!>>
I know who Dweeb is.
Do you really, Art? I VERy much doubt it.
<<He of the cold fusion conspiracy, Art -- not to mention the misbegotten
monograph on Shakespeare's Bible (about which the less said, the better).>>
You didn't answer the question, Art: Is he *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!
Shakespeare owned a Bible? Is it kept at the Folger?
http://www.davidroper.eu/
<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>
"Mathematicians prove it's possible."
<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>
And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
<<Absolutely! And "Dr." Faker's lunar landing "hoax".
And Elizabeth Weird's relativity denial.
Anti-Stratfordians are such amusing all-around cranks!>>
Well...we can't be right about EVERything (especially Baconians).
<<It would be a good start if you could be right about *something* for a change, Art.
Take note, Art: Virgil did *not* predate Herodotus. Ann Hathaway was *not* Shakespeare's mother. Aleksandr Nevskii was *neVER* tsar. _Тæрин_ is *not* Russian for "youth" -- indeed, it is not Russian *at all*, although you posted this idiocy oVER and oVER and oVER! _Vier_ is *not* Spanish for "four" -- indeed, it is not Spanish *at all*! _Turk_ is *not* "Celtic" for "ox" -- indeed, there is *no such language* as "Celtic"! _Omspit_ is *not* Danish for "to dig up" -- indeed, it is not a Danish infinitive *at all*! Nor, for that matter, is it a Dutch infinitive. _Bon_ is *not* Slovak for "ass". _Doi_ is *not* Polish for "two" -- to the extent that it is a Polish word *at all*, it is the third person singular conjugation in the present tense of the VERb _doić_, meaning "to milk (a cow)". Mellon Grant recipients are *not* obliged to collect their grant checks in person at the Mellon Bank in Manhattan -- in fact, many recipients use such modern conveniences as direct deposit, branch banks, or the U. S. Postal Service! Coleridge did *not* write Wordsworth's poem "The idiot boy", _pace_ the delusions (and the endless moronic repetitive posts) of h.l.a.s.'s own esteemed Idiot Boy. The watt is *not* a unit of energy. The expected value of a random variable is *not* the same thing as its sample mean. The number 19 is *not* remarkable as both the sum of two consecutive integers and the difference of their squares. _Don Quixote_ was *not* written in English. Mary Wollstonecraft was *not* born on May 26, although h.l.a.s.'s Idiot Boy posted this idiocy oVER and oVER and oVER. Prince Albert was not born on May 26 either, although h.l.a.s.'s Idiot Boy posted this idiocy oVER and oVER and oVER as well! It is *not* "reasonable" for a man traveling from New Haven to New York City to do so by boarding a nonstop flight from Boston to Los Angeles.

The point stands, Art: It would be a good start if you could be right about *something* for a change.
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>
Politics never came up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)
Lea wrote: <<I'm glad to hear that, Art.>>
<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing
political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and
Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>
I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.
Lea wrote: <<I haven't heard of him.>>
https://brooklynrail.org/2013/02/books/shake-speare-fission
<<Thanks, Art -- this, too, is hilarious!
I'll tell the Grand Master about it;
maybe he'll assign someone to Harris.
That all sounds rather Dyer!
Not really, Art -- I suspect that the agent assigned to him will demolish his "argument" (Neuendorffer disclaimer invoked) in VERy short order.
<<Does he also have heterodOX ideas about science and mathematics?>>
Being the illegitimate son of Ruth Gordon so he has
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Gordon
<<I don't see what kinship with Ruth Gordon
has to do with having heterodOX ideas.>>
Tannis, anyone?
Huh?

[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
"Shakespeare": "They tke the *FLOW o' the NILE*
____ By certain scales i' the *PYRAMID*."
. T
. O T H
. E(O)N L I
. E B(E)G E{T}T
. E R O(F)T H{E}S E
. I N S U(I)N G{S}O N N
. E T S M R(W|H}A L L H A P
. P I N E(S|S|E|A}N D T H A T E
. T E R N I(T|I)E[P]R O M I S E D B
. Y O U R E V(E|R)L[I]V I N G P O E T W
. I S H E T H T(H|E)W[E]L L W I S H I N G A
. D V E N T U R E R I N[S]E T T I N G F O R T H
[PIES] Prob. in center bottom ~ 1 in 32,000
{HAPI} Prob. in center ~ 1 in in 16,000
To paraphrase James Joyce, Shakespeare is the HAPI hunting ground of minds that have lost their balance -- like yours, as the above amply demonstrates, Art.

[...]
We've neVER met, Art, _pace_ your delusions to the contrary.

The other demented cranks to whom I alluded are the ones that you have *already* acknowledged keeping company with, along with all those whom you met at the Oxfordian nutfest in Baltimore, etc.
(Carolyn & I also work together on the Post Sunday Crossword.)
<<I hope that you're better at crosswords than you are at anagrams,
acrostics, equidistant letter sequences, etc., Art, or that you get a
*lot* of help and guidance from St. Carolyn.>>
We make a good crossword team
I'm sure that it's a team effort: St. Carolyn furnishes the literacy in English, the ability to count, etc.
and generally finish about 2/3's of them.
Well done, Art!
<<Personally, I prefer the New York Times crossword, although I rarely
bother with Sunday's puzzle; the Thursday puzzle is often the most
interesting one of the week.>>
You can't handle the Sunday puzzle!
I didn't say that, Art. I just don't particularly enjoy the Sunday puzzle, and don't want to spend the time required, particularly when I could be skiing on the weekend instead. The Thursday puzzles are generally the most interesting ones, since they have themes that must be divined by various means.
Who's gonna do it? You? You, Professor Webb? I have a greater
responsibility than you can possibly fathom.
You mean that your handlers have a greater responsibility than I can fathom, Art? I don't doubt it -- it must be demanding indeed to insure that all surfaces that you might encounter are suitably padded.
You have the luxury of
knowing things I don't know.
Virtually *anyone* enjoys that luxury, Art! Indeed, anyone literate who can read the Cyrillic alphabet knows that _тæрин_ is not a Russian word. Similarly, anyone who has studied high school-level physics knows that the watt it not a unit of energy. Anyone familiar with middle school-level introductory algebra can work out which integers are both the sum of two consecutive integers and the difference of their squares. And even most grade school students know that a man traveling from New Haven to New York City would not board a nonstop flight from Boston to Los Angeles.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)