Shakespeare knew the Word!
2017-05-15 13:20:56 UTC
Holy Shakespeare! 101 Scriptures That Appear in Shakespeare’s Plays, Poems,
and Sonnets is a new book by bestselling author Maisie Sparks. In it, she
pairs lines from Shakespeare with the Biblical scriptures that more than
likely gave him inspiration or thought. According to Sparks, in the era
that Shakespeare lived, people were very familiar with the Bible. Children
grew up learning to read by reading the Bible. Minstrels came to town and put
on plays with scenes from the Bible. And Shakespeare, as most people in
that time, was very familiar with scripture. When he started writing, it was
very easy for that kind of language or understanding to end up into his
plays, Maisie explains.

https://chicagodefender.com/2017/05/14/shakespeare-knew-the-word/

marc
marco
2017-05-15 22:16:07 UTC
religion

The very soul, and sweet religion makes Hamlet: III, iv
religion to the gods, peace, justice, truth, Timon of Athens: IV, i
It is religion that doth make vows kept; King John: III, i

But thou hast sworn against religion, King John: III, i
Which my love makes religion to obey, Antony and Cleopatra: V, ii
When the devout religion of mine eye Romeo and Juliet: I, ii

That seeks to overthrow religion, King Henry VI, part I: I, iii
religion, their heads are both one; they may jowl All's Well that Ends Well: I, iii
religion in you, that you fear. Cymbeline: I, iv
religion groans at it. Timon of Athens: III, ii
Name not religion, for thou lovest the flesh, King Henry VI, part I: I, i

I think, or in any religion. Measure for Measure: I, ii
With no less religion than if thou wert indeed my As You Like It: IV, i
Will knit and break religions, bless the accursed, Timon of Athens: IV, iii

Turns insurrection to religion: King Henry IV, part II: I, i
It is religion to be thus forsworn, Love's Labour's Lost: IV, iii
Obscures the show of evil? in religion, Merchant of Venice: III, ii

William Shakespeare, glover
A***@germanymail.com