Can You Write Like Shakespeare?
2017-05-10 13:21:54 UTC
Fancy yourself the next Bard of Avon? Well then, here’s your chance: The
American Shakespeare Center (ASC) in Staunton, Virginia, announced last month
an international playwriting competition called “Shakespeare’s New Contemporaries.” The contest seeks to inspire dramatists to “compose
original works that serve as partner plays to Shakespeare’s classics.”
ASC hopes to find 38 winning plays--each serving as a modern companion to one
of Will’s original 38--and to produce them over the next 20 years.

https://www.finebooksmagazine.com/fine_books_blog/2017/05/can-you-write-like-shakespeare.phtml

marc
marco
2017-05-11 04:17:22 UTC
writers

Yet writers say, as in the sweetest bud The Two Gentlemen of Verona: I, i
The other; for all your writers do consent that ipse As You Like It: V, i

The dedicated words which writers use Sonnets: LXXXII
I'll haste the writer and withal King Henry IV, part I: III, i

Get the learned writer to set down our Much Ado About Nothing: III, v
Eight hundred five. besides, their writers say, King Henry V: I, ii

As ancient writers do report, doth defile; so doth King Henry IV, part I: II, iv
And writers say, as the most forward bud The Two Gentlemen of Verona: I, i

Better--their writers do them wrong, to make them Hamlet: II, ii

William Shakespeare, writer
A***@germanymail.com