Banish Shakespeare, and banish all the world
2017-04-15 00:53:57 UTC
To teach Shakespeare, or not to teach Shakespeare.

That is the question.

Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of an
outrageous survey. Or to take arms against a sea of knotty-pated fools —
of the same sort who decided it was a good idea to name a polar research ship Boaty McBoatface.

“There exists a strong desire for the removal of Shakespeare as a
required author,” concludes a new report from Alberta Education released
this week in response to a new curriculum survey launched last October by Education Minister David Eggen.

A strong desire?

That which education bureaucrats call “strong” by any other name would be extremely dubious.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/paula-simons-banish-shakespeare-and-banish-all-the-world

marc
marco
2017-04-16 05:58:23 UTC
enjoyed

The wandering prince and dido once enjoy'd, Titus Andronicus: II, iii

It was alencon that enjoy'd my love. King Henry VI, part I: V, iv

Have I enjoy'd the golden dew of sleep, King Richard III: IV, i

From that contented hap which I enjoy'd, King Richard III: I, iii

Are with more spirit chased than enjoy'd. Merchant of Venice: II, vi

enjoy'd no sooner but despised straight, Sonnets: CXXIX

Both? one? or neither? neither can be enjoy'd, King Lear: V, i

WS
A***@germanymail.com