Edward III
2020-06-21 11:22:21 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_III_of_England#Chivalry_and_national_identity

<<Edward III (13 November 1312 – 21 June 1377) also known as Edward of Windsor before his accession, was King of England and Lord of Ireland from January 1327 until his death. He is noted for his military success and for restoring royal authority after the disastrous and unorthodox reign of his father, Edward II. Edward III transformed the Kingdom of England into one of the most formidable military powers in Europe. His 50-year reign was the second-longest in medieval English history, and saw vital developments in legislation and government, in particular the evolution of the English Parliament, as well as the ravages of the Black Death. He outlived his eldest son, Edward the Black Prince, and the throne passed to his grandson, Richard II.

Central to Edward III's policy was reliance on the higher nobility for purposes of war and administration. While his father had regularly been in conflict with a great portion of his peerage, Edward III successfully created a spirit of camaraderie between himself and his greatest subjects. Both Edward I and Edward II had been limited in their policy towards the nobility, allowing the creation of few new peerages during the sixty years preceding Edward III's reign. Edward III reversed this trend when, in 1337, as a preparation for the imminent war, he created six new earls on the same day.

At the same time, Edward expanded the ranks of the peerage upwards, by introducing the new title of duke for close relatives of the king. Furthermore, he bolstered the sense of community within this group by the creation of the Order of the Garter, probably in 1348. A plan from 1344 to revive the Round Table of King Arthur never came to fruition, but the new order carried connotations from this legend by the circular shape of the garter. Edward's wartime experiences during the Crécy campaign (1346–7) seem to have been a determining factor in his abandonment of the Round Table project. It has been argued that the total warfare tactics employed by the English at Crécy in 1346 were contrary to Arthurian ideals and made Arthur a problematic paradigm for Edward, especially at the time of the institution of the Garter. There are no formal references to King Arthur and the Round Table in the surviving early fifteenth-century copies of the Statutes of the Garter, but the Garter Feast of 1358 did involve a round table game. Thus there was some overlap between the projected Round Table fellowship and the actualized Order of the Garter. Polydore Vergil tells of how the young Joan of Kent – allegedly the king's favourite at the time – accidentally dropped her garter at a ball at Calais. King Edward responded to the ensuing ridicule of the crowd by tying the garter around his own knee with the words honi soit qui mal y pense – shame on him who thinks ill of it.

This reinforcement of the aristocracy and the emerging sense of national identity must be seen in conjunction with the war in France. Just as the war with Scotland had done, the fear of a French invasion helped strengthen a sense of national unity, and nationalise the aristocracy that had been largely Anglo-Norman since the Norman conquest. Since the time of Edward I, popular myth suggested that the French planned to extinguish the English language, and as his grandfather had done, Edward III made the most of this scare. As a result, the English language experienced a strong revival; in 1362, a Statute of Pleading ordered English to be used in law courts, and the year after, Parliament was for the first time opened in English. At the same time, the vernacular saw a revival as a literary language, through the works of William Langland, John Gower and especially The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer. Yet the extent of this Anglicisation must not be exaggerated. The statute of 1362 was in fact written in the French language and had little immediate effect, and parliament was opened in that language as late as 1377. The Order of the Garter, though a distinctly English institution, included also foreign members such as John IV, Duke of Brittany, and Sir Robert of Namur.>>
nordicskiv2
2020-06-23 19:33:35 UTC
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[...]
Was there supposed to have been any point to the above data dump, Art? If so, what was it? Although Shakespeare is thought by some to have had a hand in _Edward III_, Oxford has perhaps the better claim -- if it is Oxford's work, the play could be have strongly autobiographical elements, especially with the title _Edward the Turd_.
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2020-06-24 00:02:00 UTC
Lea wrote:

<<Was there supposed to have been any point to the above data dump, Art? If so, what was it? Although Shakespeare is thought by some to have had a hand in _Edward III_, Oxford has perhaps the better claim.>>

It was an Arthurian point I pulled out of a rock:
https://www.peterdawkins.com/articles/pd_shakespeare%20enigma.htm

The Shakespeare Enigma (page 107)

<<Edward I tried to revive someof the Arthurian glory by renewing the ancient tournaments that had fallen into abeyance. This he did with one hundred knights at Kenilworth Castel.

But it remained for Edward III to re-found the [Arthurian] Order properly, having for its purpose "Good Fellowship;. From the first, the Order included ladies, who wee known as "Dames de la Fraternite de St George". There are *26* in all - 13 knights and 13 ladies- including the sovereign, tied together in the bonds of faith, unity, amity and peace. When the Tudors came to the throne they began to enlarge and enhance the Arthurian ideal.>>
There are *26* in all - 13 knights and 13 ladies-
The Names of the *26* Principall Actors
in all these Playes.

[William Shakespeare]
Richard B(ū)rba(D)ge.
John Hemmings.
Augusti(ñ)e Phillip [S].
William Kemp [T].
Thom(ā)s Poop (e).
George Brya (N).
Henry C(O)n[D]el [L].
W(I)l(L)iam S(L) (Y|E).
{R}ichard Cowl [Y].
John Low(I)ne.
Samuell Crosse.
A(L|E]xander Co(O)k{E}.
Samuel Gilburn{E}.
[R]obert Armi(N).
Will(I)am Ostl(E)r.
(N)athan Field.
John Underwoo [D].
{N}icholas T(O)ole {Y}.
William Eccl[E]ston {E}.
Joseph Taylo {R}.
Robert Be[N]fiel {D}.
Robe(R)t Gough {E}.
Richar{D} Robinso {N}.
John Shancke.
John Rice.
. <= *26* =>
.
. [W i l l i a m S h a k e s p e a r e]R i c h a r d B
. (U) r b a(D)g e.J o h n H e m m i n g s.A u g u s t i
. (N) e P h i l l i p[S]W i l l i a m K e m p [T] T h o m
. (A) s P o o p(e)G e o r g e B r y a(N)H e n r y C o n
. [D] e l l.W i l(L)i a m S l(Y|E|R}i c h a r d C o w l
. [Y] J o h n L o w(I)n e.S a m u e l l C r o s s e.A l
. [E] x a n d e r C o(O)k{E}S a m u e l G i l b u r n E
. [R] o b e r t A r m i(N)W i l l i a m O s t l E r N a
. t h a n F i e l d.J o h n U n d e r w o o [D] N i c h
. o l a s T o o l e{Y}W i l l i a m E c c l [E] s t o n
. e. J o s e p h T a y l o r.R o b e r t B e [N] f i e l
. d.

(UNA) 26 : personification of "Truth"
[DYER] 26
[NED] -26
*125* is the gematric number, being the sum of the English
characters for PHILIP SIDNEI = [(15+8+9+11+9+15)+(18+9+4+13+5+9)]

The "intentionally concealed message" in Sonnet 125 is
that Fulke Greville: Recorder of Stratford (1606-1628)
And [NED] [DYER] (b. October 1543 – d. May 1607)
*both* "bore the canopy" {For}[SIDNEI]:

http://tinyurl.com/ptpxsdu
. Sonnet 125

. WEr't ought to me I "bore the canopy",
. With my extern the outward honoring,
. Or layd great bases {For} eternity,
. Which proues more [S]hort then wast or ruining?
. Haue [I] not seene dwellers on forme an[D] fauor
. Lose all,and more by payi[N]g too much rent
. For compound sw[E]et;Forgoing simple sauor,
. Pitt[I]full thriuors in their gazing spent.
. Noe,let me be obsequious in thy heart,
. And take thou my oblacion,poore but free,
. Which is not mixt with seconds,knows no art,
. But mutuall render onely me for thee.
. Hence,thou subbornd Informer, a trew soule
. When most impeacht,stands least in thy controule.
. <= *26* =>
.
. {F o r} e t e r n i t y,W h i c h p r o u e s m o r e
. [S] h o r t t h e n w a s t o r r u i n i n g?H a u e
. [I] n o t s e e n e d w e l l e r s o n f o r m e a n
. [D] f a u o r L o s e a l l,a n d m o r e b y p a y i
. [N] g t o o m u c h r e n t F o r c o m p o u n d s w
. [E] e t;F o r g o i n g s i m p l e s a u o r,P i t t
. [I] f u l l t h r i u o r s i n t h e i r g a z i n g

{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
. The Original 1590 quarto edition!
http://tinyurl.com/pma5gmz
http://tinyurl.com/nsvfzdm
.
The Covntesse of Pembrokes Arcadia,
. written by Sir Philippe [SIDNEI].
Shortest {For}[SIDNEI] skip in KJV : 869
Shortest {For}[SIDNEI] skip in Moby Dick : 2818
. Sonnet 47
.
. BEtwixt mine eye and heart a league is tooke,
. And each doth good turnes now vnto the other,
. When that mine eye is famisht {For} a looke,
. Or heart in loue with [S]ighes himselfe doth smother;
. W[I]th my loues picture then my eye [D]oth feast,
. And to the painted ba[N]quet bids my heart:
. An other tim[E] mine eye is my hearts guest,
. And [I]n his thoughts of loue doth share a part.
. So either by thy picture or my loue,
. Thy seife away,are present still with me,
. For thou nor farther then my thoughts canst moue,
. And I am still with them,and they with thee.
. Or if they sleepe, thy picture in my sight
. Awakes my heart,to hearts and eyes delight.
. <= *26* =>
.
. {F o r} a l o o k e,O r h e a r t i n l o u e w i t h
. [S] i g h e s h i m s e l f e d o t h s m o t h e r;W
. [I] t h m y l o u e s p i c t u r e t h e n m y e y e
. [D] o t h f e a s t,A n d t o t h e p a i n t e d b a
. [N] q u e t b i d s m y h e a r t:A n o t h e r t i m
. [E] m i n e e y e i s m y h e a r t s g u e s t,A n d
. [I] n h i s t h o u g h t s
.
{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
.
Prob. of 2{For}[SIDNEI]s same skip ~ 1 in 34,000,000
Prob. of 2nd {For}[SIDNEI]s skip *26* ~ 1 in 150,000
. *26* days
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Sidney#Injury_and_death

<<[Sir Philip Sidney (30 November 1554 - 17 October 1586)]
joined Sir John Norris in the Battle of Zutphen, fighting for
the Protestant cause against the Spanish. During the battle,
he was shot in the thigh & died of gangrene *26* days later.

According to the story, while lying wounded he gave his water
to another wounded soldier, saying, "Thy necessity is yet
greater than mine". As he lay dying, Sidney composed a song to
be sung by his deathbed. Sidney's body was interred in the Old
St. Paul's Cathedral on 16 February 1587. [Sidney] had become
for many English people the very epitome of a Castiglione
courtier: learned and politic, but at the same time generous,
brave, and impulsive. The funeral procession was one of the
most elaborate ever staged, so much so that his father-in-law,
Francis Walsingham, almost went bankrupt. Never more than a
marginal figure in the politics of his time, he was memorialised
as the flower of English manhood in Edmund Spenser's Astrophel,
one of the greatest English Renaissance elegies. An early
biography of Sidney was written by his friend & schoolfellow,
Fulke Greville: Recorder of Stratford (1606-1628).>>
Marlowe's 1598 _Hero and Leander_ poem:

Leander Striv'd, the waves about him woun{D},
And puld him to the bottome, whe{R}e the ground
Was strewd with pe{A}rle, and in low corrall groves,
S{W}eet singing Meremaids, sporte{D} with their loves
On heapes of h{E}avie gold, and tooke g[R]eat pleasure,
To spurne in carelesse sort, the shipwracke tr[E]asure.
For here the stately azure pallace stood,
Where kingl[Y] Neptune and his traine abode.
The lustie god imbrast him, cal[D] him love,
And swore he never should returne to Jove.
But when h[E] knew it was not Ganimed,
For under water he was almost dead,
He heav'd him up, and looking on his face,
Beat downe the bold waves with his triple mace,
Which mounted up, intending to have kist him,
And fell in drops like teares, because they mist him.
Leander being up, began to swim,
And looking backe, saw Neptune follow him.
______ <= 26 =>
.
. L e a n d e r S t r i v'd,t h e w a v e s a b o u t
. h i m w o u n {D} A n d p u l d h i m t o t h e b o t
. t o m e,w h e {R} e t h e g r o u n d W a s s t r e w
. d w i t h p e {A} r l e,a n d i n l o w c o r r a l l
. g r o v e s,S {W} e e t s i n g i n g M e r e m a i d
. s,s p o r t e {D} w i t h t h e i r l o v e s O n h e
. a p e s o f h {E} a v i e g o l d,a n d t o o k e g[R]
. e a t p l e a s u r e,T o s p u r n e i n c a r e l
. e s s e s o r t, t h e s h i p w r a c k e t r[E]a s
. u r e.F o r h e r e t h e s t a t e l y a z u r e p
. a l l a c e s t o o d,W h e r e k i n g l[Y]N e p t
. u n e a n d h i s t r a i n e a b o d e.T h e l u s
. t i e g o d i m b r a s t h i m,c a l[D]h i m l o v
. e,A n d s w o r e h e n e v e r s h o u l d r e t u
. r n e t o J o v e.B u t w h e n h[E]k n e w i t w a
. s n o t G a n i m e d,

{EDWARD} -26
[E.DYER] -50
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Men_%28playing_company%29

<<The earliest printed text states that Much Ado About Nothing
was "sundry times publicly acted" prior to 1600. The earliest
recorded performances are two that were given at Court during
the festivities preceding the marriage of Princess Elizabeth
& Frederick V, Elector Palatine (14 Feb, 1613).>>
.
. http://tinyurl.com/hh8l3gb
At the top of the KJV title page to the 1611 :
http://tinyurl.com/yafpyqk

1) the Tetragrammaton "יהוה" ("YHWH"/*26*) over
2) the holy spirit in a form of a dove over and
3) a grotesque *St.THOMAS in SHADOW* with a *carpenter's square*
*26* is the gematric number, being the sum of the Hebrew characters
(Hebrew: יהוה‎) being the name of the god of Israel – YHWH (Yehweh).
http://www.montaguemillennium.com/familyresearch/crusaders.htm

<< "... the Knights (of Rhodes/St. John), having lost their
stronghold ... to Timur the Lame ("Tamurlane",) in 1402,
were establishing a new base at Bodrum, the site of the ancient
Halicarnassus and its famous Mausoleum, stone from which was used
in the construction of the Christian fortress dedicated to St. Peter.

The castle of St. Peter provides a striking witness to English
participation. Over the gateway to one of its towers, known
as the English Tower, *26* coats of arms were set up in stone,
including Neville, Percy, Holland, Beauchamp, Burleigh,
STRANGE, Arundel, MONTAGUE, DE VERE(, and King Henry IV)>>
<<[RICHARD d]e BEA[UCHAMP]:
appointed Freemason Grand {MASTER} by Edward IV.>>

- Illustrations of Masonry by William Preston 1795
<<{O}r spunne out Riddles, or weav'd fifty Tomes
__{O}f Logogriphes*, or curious Palindromes;
__{O}r pump'd for those hard trifles, Anagrams,
__{O}r Ecrosticks, or your finer flames
__{O}f *EGGES* , and Halbards, Cradles, and a Herse,
__[A] paire of Sizers, and *a COMBE in verse* ;
__[A]crosticks, and *TELLESTICKS*, or jumpe names,>> -- B. Jonson
nordicskiv2
2020-06-27 18:23:41 UTC
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Was there supposed to have been any point to the above data dump, Art?
If so, what was it? Although Shakespeare is thought by some to have had
a hand in _Edward III_, Oxford has perhaps the better claim.>>
You pulled it out of something, all right, but not out of a rock, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://www.peterdawkins.com/articles/pd_shakespeare%20enigma.htm
The Shakespeare Enigma (page 107)
As should be clear from the author's self-description as a seer and geomancer, that's a nutcase source, Art.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
There are *26* in all - 13 knights and 13 ladies-
The Names of the *26* Principall Actors
So you're just engaging in your usual nutcase numerology with the number 26, Art? That's what I thought.

But you seem to have oVERlooked the fact that the number 26 is half of a deck of cards. But that's as it should be -- after all, anyone who has read your posts has known for years that you are not playing with a full deck, Art.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. <= *26* =>
.
. {F o r} e t e r n i t y,W h i c h p r o u e s m o r e
. [S] h o r t t h e n w a s t o r r u i n i n g?H a u e
. [I] n o t s e e n e d w e l l e r s o n f o r m e a n
. [D] f a u o r L o s e a l l,a n d m o r e b y p a y i
. [N] g t o o m u c h r e n t F o r c o m p o u n d s w
. [E] e t;F o r g o i n g s i m p l e s a u o r,P i t t
. [I] f u l l t h r i u o r s i n t h e i r g a z i n g
{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
The string "FORSIDNEI" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 -- or indeed, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art. You cannot count.

[Nutcase numerology snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. <= *26* =>
.
. {F o r} a l o o k e,O r h e a r t i n l o u e w i t h
. [S] i g h e s h i m s e l f e d o t h s m o t h e r;W
. [I] t h m y l o u e s p i c t u r e t h e n m y e y e
. [D] o t h f e a s t,A n d t o t h e p a i n t e d b a
. [N] q u e t b i d s m y h e a r t:A n o t h e r t i m
. [E] m i n e e y e i s m y h e a r t s g u e s t,A n d
. [I] n h i s t h o u g h t s
.
{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
The string "FORSIDNEI" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 -- or indeed, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art. You cannot count.

[Nutcase numerology and crackpot cryptography snipped]
Arthur Neuendorffer
2020-06-27 21:57:57 UTC
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Was there supposed to have been any point to the above data dump, Art?
If so, what was it? Although Shakespeare is thought by some to have
had a hand in _Edward III_, Oxford has perhaps the better claim.>>
Lea wrote: <<You pulled it out of something, all right,
but not out of a rock, Art.>>

You post so rarely nowadays that I sort of
consider you my own *ex-caliber*, Dave.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://www.peterdawkins.com/articles/pd_shakespeare%20enigma.htm
The Shakespeare Enigma (page 107)
Lea wrote: <<As should be clear from the author's
self-description as a seer and geomancer,
that's a nutcase source, Art.

I suppose *you* could be a professional architect, Dave:

https://www.peterdawkins.com/pd_biography.html

Peter Dawkins (born 12 November 1945): After practising as an architect for nine years in both England and Scotland, from 1978 onwards Peter has devoted himself full-time to research, education and healing work in connection with the world’s wisdom traditions, mythology, architecture and landscape, with an especial focus on the intimate relationship between the human being, the landscape and the spiritual realms.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
There are *26* in all - 13 knights and 13 ladies-
The Names of the *26* Principall Actors
Lea wrote: <<So you're just engaging in your usual nutcase numerology with the number 26, Art? But you seem to have oVERlooked the fact that the number 26 is half of a deck of cards. But that's as it should be -- after all, anyone who has read your posts has known for years that you are not playing with a full deck, Art.>>

Is Shaksper the Anno 53rd joker of a Masonic DECK, Dave?

David Roper Stratford Monument array:
<= 2 x 17 =>

TE R RA T E (G) I TPOP U L U S M Æ R E T O{L Y M P U S H A B E}T
ST A YP A S (S) E NGER W H Y G O E S T T H O U B Y S O F A S T R
EA D IF T (H)(O) U CANS T W H O M[E N V I O U S]D E A T H H A T H
PL A{S}TW (I)(T) H INTH I S {M O N[U]M E N T|S H A K S P E A R E}W
IT H{W}HO (M)(E) Q UICK(N)a {T U R[E|D]I D E|W H O S E N A M E D}O
<TH D{E}CK> Y (S) T OMBE F A R M O[R|E]t H E N C O S T{S I E H}A L
LY T{H}EH A (T) H WRIT T L E[A.V|E|S L I V]I N G A R T B U T P A
GE T O SE R V E HISW I T T
"[ENVIOUS SLIV/ER] broke"
In his Frontline essay, William Murphy
mentions *THOMAS LODGE* once and only once:
Thirty-Six Plays in Search of an Author
by William M. Murphy, Union College Symposium 1964
There are those, like Delia Bacon, who are afflicted with what
has been called the "Corporation Syndrome," holding that such
distinguished literature must be the work of a commi[T]tee.
Its members wou[L]d include, in additi[O]n to BACON and
Oxfor[D], Robert {GREENE}, Geor[G]e PEELE, Samuel DANI[E]L,
*THOMAS NASHE, THOMAS LODGE, Michael Drayton, and THOMAS DEKKER.*
_________ <= 17 =>
.
. m u s t b e t h e w o r k o f a c
. o m m i [T] t e e.I t s m e m b e r
. s w o u [L] d i n c l u d e,i n a d
. d i t i [O] n t o B a c o n a n d O
. x f o r [D] R o b e r t{G R E E N E}
. G e o r [G] e P e e l e,S a m u e l
. D a n i [E] l, T h o m a s N a s h e,
. *T H O M A S L O D G E*

[T.LODGE] 17 : Prob. stuck on *THOMAS LODGE* ~ 1 in 100,000
It should be apparent to anyone possessing normal common sense, then, that
Shakespeare's authorship of the works is not merely "pro[B]able" or "likely,"
as some softhe[A]ds have put it, but absolutely [C]ompelling. Yet it is
common kn[O]wledge that after Delia [BACON] published her vague notions
about authorship in 1856 defenders of her unorthodox views and creators
of others multiplied like rabbits, and any reader of the modern newspaper
knows that the tribe increases every year.
________ <= 25 =>
.
. S h a k e s p e a r e's a u t h o r s h i p o f t
. h e w o r k s i s n o t m e r e l y"p r o[B] a b l
. e"o r"l i k e l y"a s s o m e s o f t h e[A] d s h
. a v e p u t i t,b u t a b s o l u t e l y[C] o m p
. e l l i n g.Y e t i t i s c o m m o n k n[O] w l e
. d g e t h a t a f t e r D e l i a [B A C O N] p u b
. l i s h e d h e r v a g u e n o t i o n s
.
[BACON] 25 : Prob. stuck on [BACON] ~ 1 in 325
<<H[E REVE]eals in the Sonnets... that he had latent homosexual tendencies
and that he carried on a protracted and degrading adulterous affair with a
repulsive dark-skin(N)ed lady who probably gave him a l(O)athsome disease.
In short, Shake(S)peare didn't write the plays bec(A)use we don't know enough
about hi(M) -- or because we know too much. The l(A)yman takes his choice.>>
________ <= 27 =>
.
. a f f a i r w i t h a r e p u l s i v e d a r k-s k i
. n (N) e d l a d y w h o p r o b a b l y g a v e h i m a
. l (O) a t h s o m e d i s e a s e.I n s h o r t,S h a k
. e (S) p e a r e d i d n't w r i t e t h e p l a y s b e
. c (A) u s e w e d o n't k n o w e n o u g h a b o u t h
. i (M) o r b e c a u s e w e k n o w t o o m u c h.T h e
. l (A) y m a n t a k e s h i s c h o i c e.
.
(A MASON) -27
[...]
Lea wrote: <<The string "FORSIDNEI" does not occur as an
equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 -- or indeed, as
an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER.>>

Sometimes I could just belt you, Dave.
Singh, Simon: "Geheime Botschaften", P.23

<<The *SCYTALE* is the oldest known military ciphering method.
In the year 404 B.C. only one of five messengers survived the
grueling march from Persia back to the Spartan general *LYSANDER*.
The messenger gave *LYSANDER* his belt and *LYSANDER* winded his
belt around the so-called *SCYTALE*. Thus he was informed that
the Persians planned an attack, he prepared for this attack
and was able to fend it successfully.>>

http://tinyurl.com/l4b4rvk
HERMIA: *LYSANDER* riddles very prettily:
. Now much beshrew my *MANNERS* and my pride,
. If Hermia meant to say *LYSANDER* lied.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*LYSANDER*

<<*LYSANDER* (died 395 BC) was a Spartan admiral who was
able to force the Athenians to capitulate in the year 404 B.C.,
bringing the Peloponnesian War to an end. *LYSANDER* was the
first Greek to whom the cities erected altars and sacrificed
to him as to a god and the Samians voted that their festival
of Hera should be called Lysandreia.>>
David Webb
2020-07-02 14:25:13 UTC
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Was there supposed to have been any point to the above data dump, Art?
If so, what was it? Although Shakespeare is thought by some to have
had a hand in _Edward III_, Oxford has perhaps the better claim.>>
Lea wrote: <<You pulled it out of something, all right,
but not out of a rock, Art.>>
You post so rarely nowadays that I sort of
consider you my own *ex-caliber*, Dave.
I'm surprised that you haven't figured out why, Art -- although by now I should not be at all surprised by your frequently demonstrated inability to connect the dots. For obvious reasons, participants in the annual Shakespeare Authorship CoVERup Conspirators' Conclave could not travel to the planned location for the event this year. Thus our plans had to be scrapped, and the event had to be held virtually, via online videoconferencing. The technical, logistical, and security problems (especially the latter) were enormous, and the Grand Master's most trusted agents have been working nonstop for months to make the event a success. Now that St. John's Day is past, I can finally relax a little, but you won't be getting a postcard from the venue this year, Art, because there wasn't one.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://www.peterdawkins.com/articles/pd_shakespeare%20enigma.htm
The Shakespeare Enigma (page 107)
Lea wrote: <<As should be clear from the author's
self-description as a seer and geomancer,
that's a nutcase source, Art.
Huh? Whether I could be an architect has no bearing whateVER on the fact that that's a nutcase source, Art.

[Crackpot crankery snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
There are *26* in all - 13 knights and 13 ladies-
The Names of the *26* Principall Actors
Lea wrote: <<So you're just engaging in your usual nutcase numerology with
the number 26, Art? But you seem to have oVERlooked the fact that the
number 26 is half of a deck of cards. But that's as it should be -- after
all, anyone who has read your posts has known for years that you are not
playing with a full deck, Art.>>
Is Shaksper the Anno 53rd joker of a Masonic DECK, Dave?
There are not 53 jokers in *any* deck of cards, Art -- Masonic or otherwise.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://youtu.be/yAO_Y_641-E
That's hilarious, Art! She doesn't even know how to pronounce "Jacobean" -- indeed, she pronounces it like "Jacobian", which is something completely different. (If Lehigh had not had a literacy requirement, Art, you might have learned what the Jacobian of a Riemann surface is.) And her phrase "full of allusions" is also mispronounced -- she should have said "full of delusions".
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<= 2 x 17 =>
TE R RA T E (G) I TPOP U L U S M Æ R E T O{L Y M P U S H A B E}T
ST A YP A S (S) E NGER W H Y G O E S T T H O U B Y S O F A S T R
EA D IF T (H)(O) U CANS T W H O M[E N V I O U S]D E A T H H A T H
PL A{S}TW (I)(T) H INTH I S {M O N[U]M E N T|S H A K S P E A R E}W
IT H{W}HO (M)(E) Q UICK(N)a {T U R[E|D]I D E|W H O S E N A M E D}O
<TH D{E}CK> Y (S) T OMBE F A R M O[R|E]t H E N C O S T{S I E H}A L
LY T{H}EH A (T) H WRIT T L E[A.V|E|S L I V]I N G A R T B U T P A
GE T O SE R V E HISW I T T
"[ENVIOUS SLIV/ER] broke"
The string "ENVIOUS SLIVER" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 34 -- or for that matter, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art.

[Lunatic logorrhea and crackpot cryptography snipped]
[...]
Why are you reading upwards, Art? Reading downwards, it is "Nos ama", which is Spanish for "He loves us".
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. <= *26* =>
Now you're back to nutcase numerology with the number 26 rather than the number 27 (or 17, or 34)?! Make up your mind (what's left of it, at any rate), Art!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. {F o r} e t e r n i t y,W h i c h p r o u e s m o r e
. [S] h o r t t h e n w a s t o r r u i n i n g?H a u e
. [I] n o t s e e n e d w e l l e r s o n f o r m e a n
. [D] f a u o r L o s e a l l,a n d m o r e b y p a y i
. [N] g t o o m u c h r e n t F o r c o m p o u n d s w
. [E] e t;F o r g o i n g s i m p l e s a u o r,P i t t
. [I] f u l l t h r i u o r s i n t h e i r g a z i n g
{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
The string "FORSIDNEI" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 -- or indeed, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art. The fact that you think (usual disclaimer) that it does constitutes perhaps the most conspicuous failure of George Mason Elementary to teach its pupils to read and to count.
[...]
You are VERy slow on the uptake, Art -- this has been pointed out to you countless times.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Sometimes I could just belt you, Dave.
I wouldn't advise it, Art -- I doubt that your hair is long enough:

Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Singh, Simon: "Geheime Botschaften", P.23
<<The *SCYTALE* is the oldest known military ciphering method.
In the year 404 B.C. only one of five messengers survived the
grueling march from Persia back to the Spartan general *LYSANDER*.
The messenger gave *LYSANDER* his belt and *LYSANDER* winded his
belt around the so-called *SCYTALE*. Thus he was informed that
the Persians planned an attack, he prepared for this attack
and was able to fend it successfully.>>
Anyone wrapping the above text around a belt of the appropriate diameter to realize an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 would find the character string "FSIDNEI [sic]" -- which is moronic nonsense, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://tinyurl.com/l4b4rvk
. Now much beshrew my *MANNERS* and my pride,
. If Hermia meant to say *LYSANDER* lied.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*LYSANDER*
<<*LYSANDER* (died 395 BC) was a Spartan admiral who was
able to force the Athenians to capitulate in the year 404 B.C.,
bringing the Peloponnesian War to an end. *LYSANDER* was the
first Greek to whom the cities erected altars and sacrificed
to him as to a god and the Samians
But Art -- "Samians" is an anagram of "I'm an ass". Graciously conceded, Art! But there needs no ghost come from the grave (nor needs there any illiterate boob from Alexandria) to tell us this.
Arthur Neuendorffer
2020-07-02 17:51:26 UTC
Lea wrote:

<<I'm surprised that you haven't figured out why, Art -- although by now I should not be at all surprised by your frequently demonstrated inability to connect the dots. For obvious reasons, participants in the annual Shakespeare Authorship CoVERup Conspirators' Conclave could not travel to the planned location for the event this year. Thus our plans had to be scrapped, and the event had to be held virtually, via online videoconferencing. The technical, logistical, and security problems (especially the latter) were enormous, and the Grand Master's most trusted agents have been working nonstop for months to make the event a success. Now that St. John's Day is past, I can finally relax a little, but you won't be getting a postcard from the venue this year, Art, because there wasn't one.>>

Since you didn't have an opportunity to travel this year
I'm sending you these bird videos:

http://youtu.be/ZI_hOP_K6MY

Lea wrote:

<<That's hilarious, Art! She doesn't even know how to pronounce "Jacobean" -- indeed, she pronounces it like "Jacobian", which is something completely different. (If Lehigh had not had a literacy requirement, Art, you might have learned what the Jacobian of a Riemann surface is.) And her phrase "full of allusions" is also mispronounced -- she should have said "full of delusions".>>

Your girl with the braid doesn't know how to pronounce "spinor."
The Jacobi elliptic functions can be defined very simply using the
*NEVILLE* theta functions: https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/53291acdc6fa442e1d0acb3c526dabf68cdca81c
https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Henry_Danvers%2C_1st_Earl_of_Danby

<<On the night of the death of the 17th Earl of Oxford [June 24, 1604]
Baron [H]enry [DANUERS], the Earl of Southampton and Sir Henry *NEVILLE* as
well as the a [LEE] were arrested by order of the king and Privy Council.
Baron [DANUERS] had been employed in Ireland under the Earl of Essex, and
Charles Blount, 8th Baron Mountjoy, successive lords-lieutenant of Ireland.>>
Lea wrote:

<<The string "ENVIOUS SLIVER" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 34 -- or for that matter, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art.>>

The ridiculous claim that Shaksper of Stratford wrote
*SHAKE-SPEARE* does not occur anywhere either, Dave.
Lea wrote:

<<Why are you reading upwards, Art? Reading downwards,
it is "Nos ama", which is Spanish for "He loves us".

He who? Albert Pike?

(Don't worry...
Trump says he will put Pike back on his pedestal.)
Lea wrote:

<<Now you're back to nutcase numerology with the number 26 rather than the number 27 (or 17, or 34)?! Make up your mind (what's left of it, at any rate), Art!>>

I explore a lot of numbers.

<<Episode 3489 (Season 27, 1996), Count von Count tricked
Oscar the Grouch into saying the word "no" 17 times,
by continuously knocking on his trash can and prodding
him to help the Count find something to count 17 of.>>
Lea wrote:

<<You are VERy slow on the uptake, Art -
- this has been pointed out to you countless times.>>

Could your mathematics be a little more discrete, Dave?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countable_set

<<Baconian Georg Cantor introduced the term countable set,
contrasting sets that are countable with those that are uncountable
(i.e., nonenumerable or nondenumerable). Countable sets form the
foundation of a branch of mathematics called discrete mathematics.>>
Lea wrote:

<<I wouldn't advise it, Art -- I doubt that your hair is long enough:

http://youtu.be/rC0jAICfNwc

Speak for yourself, Dave.

(I can still use a fidget spinor to avoid
getting any tensor about my thinning hair.)
Lea wrote:

<<Anyone wrapping the above text around a belt of the appropriate diameter to realize an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 would find the character string "FSIDNEI [sic]" -- which is moronic nonsense, Art.>>

Around a *SCYTALE* of the appropriate diameter?
Lea wrote:

<<But Art -- "Samians" is an anagram of "I'm an ass".>>

Yes you are, Dave.

(Whereas, I am both ox and ass.)
David Webb
2020-07-04 14:44:57 UTC
[...]
You're missing the point, Art -- she is performing the Dirac belt trick, while you would be performing the Дурак belt trick. [Hint: The word "дурак" is not Ossetian, Art.]

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
[...]
Certainly it does, Art; you are simply unable to read, as Lehigh foresaw.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
________ <= 27 =>
.
. a f f a i r w i t h a r e p u l s i v e d a r k-s k i
. n (N) e d l a d y w h o p r o b a b l y g a v e h i m a
. l (O) a t h s o m e d i s e a s e.I n s h o r t,S h a k
. e (S) p e a r e d i d n't w r i t e t h e p l a y s b e
. c (A) u s e w e d o n't k n o w e n o u g h a b o u t h
. i (M) o r b e c a u s e w e k n o w t o o m u c h.T h e
. l (A) y m a n t a k e s h i s c h o i c e.
.
(A MASON) -27
<<Why are you reading upwards, Art? Reading downwards,
it is "Nos ama", which is Spanish for "He loves us".
He who? Albert Pike?
Huh? Why him, Art? This is more likely a collective message from Oxford's Boys.

Incidentally, Art, do you know why Oxford could be likened to Dave Wottle?

[...]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. <= *26* =>
<<Now you're back to nutcase numerology with the number 26 rather than the
number 27 (or 17, or 34)?! Make up your mind (what's left of it, at any
rate), Art!>>
I explore a lot of numbers.
You mean, like the number 19, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Episode 3489 (Season 27, 1996), Count von Count tricked
Oscar the Grouch into saying the word "no" 17 times,
by continuously knocking on his trash can and prodding
him to help the Count find something to count 17 of.>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. {F o r} e t e r n i t y,W h i c h p r o u e s m o r e
. [S] h o r t t h e n w a s t o r r u i n i n g?H a u e
. [I] n o t s e e n e d w e l l e r s o n f o r m e a n
. [D] f a u o r L o s e a l l,a n d m o r e b y p a y i
. [N] g t o o m u c h r e n t F o r c o m p o u n d s w
. [E] e t;F o r g o i n g s i m p l e s a u o r,P i t t
. [I] f u l l t h r i u o r s i n t h e i r g a z i n g
{For}[SIDNEI] *26*
The string "FORSIDNEI" does not occur as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 -- or indeed, as an equidistant letter sequence of *any* skip whateVER -- in the above text, Art. Only an illiterate innumerate could possible think (usual disclaimer) that it did, let along *repeat* it moronically, oVER and oVER and oVER, after its conspicuous failure had already been pointed out.
[...]
"Countless" is not synonymous with "uncountable", Art. Your failure to learn rudimentary English is, if possible, even more lamentably conspicuous than your failure to learn rudimentary mathematics.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Sometimes I could just belt you, Dave.
http://youtu.be/rC0jAICfNwc
Speak for yourself, Dave.
(I can still use a fidget spinor to avoid
getting any tensor about my thinning hair.)
As I said above, Art, that would be a _Дурак_ spinor rather than a Dirac spinor. And what you need to be worried about is not getting tenser, but getting denser -- although it's quite possible that have already attained a state tantamount to 0˚ Kelvin on that scale, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Singh, Simon: "Geheime Botschaften", P.23
<<The *SCYTALE* is the oldest known military ciphering method.
In the year 404 B.C. only one of five messengers survived the
grueling march from Persia back to the Spartan general *LYSANDER*.
The messenger gave *LYSANDER* his belt and *LYSANDER* winded his
belt around the so-called *SCYTALE*. Thus he was informed that
the Persians planned an attack, he prepared for this attack
and was able to fend it successfully.>>
<<Anyone wrapping the above text around a belt of the appropriate diameter
to realize an equidistant letter sequence of skip 26 would find the
character string "FSIDNEI [sic]" -- which is moronic nonsense, Art.>>
Around a *SCYTALE* of the appropriate diameter?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://tinyurl.com/l4b4rvk
Huh?

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*LYSANDER*
<<*LYSANDER* (died 395 BC) was a Spartan admiral who was
able to force the Athenians to capitulate in the year 404 B.C.,
bringing the Peloponnesian War to an end. *LYSANDER* was the
first Greek to whom the cities erected altars and sacrificed
to him as to a god and the Samians voted that their festival
of Hera should be called Lysandreia.>>
<<But Art -- "Samians" is an anagram of "I'm an ass".>>
Yes you are, Dave.
No, Art; *you* wrote it. Besides, I'm astonished that you did not notice the alternative solution: "I'm A. N. (ass)". There can be no possible doubt about whom "A. N." refers to, and there was neVER a more *pertinent* proper name in this context. MoreoVER, it has a higher INIPNC score!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
(Whereas, I am both ox and ass.)
Only the latter, Art. Unless perhaps you were referring to the text of Isaiah 1:3: "The ox knows its [grand] master..."