Discussion:
The Metamorphosis of Ajax
(too old to reply)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2018-02-12 16:49:40 UTC
Permalink
-----------------------------------------------------------
QUICK [NATURE DIDE] [WHoSE] [NAM {E] DO}<TH. DECK.> YS TOMBE,
FAR MORE,THEN COST: [SIEH] ALL, YT HE HATH WRITT,
.............................................................
[N(a)TUREDIDE] [.W.H.oS.E] [si eH] [NAM {E] DO}<TH. DECK.>
[He is] [E.MAN.]&[E.So. H.W.] [EDIDERUT(a)N] / {EDO} <TH. DECK.>
.............................................................
{EDO}: I give out, put or bring forth; eject, discharge.
. I produce, bear, give birth to, yield, form, *BEGET* .
. I put forth, *PUBLISH* , spread abroad.
. I *SET FORTH*, relate, tell, disclose, deliver, announce, declare.
. I produce, perform, show, inflict, bring about, cause.
. I \ARAISE\ , lift, elevate.
.
[EDIDERUNT(a)]: 3rd-person plural perfect active indicative of {EDO}
[They have *SET FORTH*]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
....................................................
. *EDO-uardus VERUS*
....................................................
. {EDO} , edere, EDIDI, EDITum, [EDIDERUNT] (Latin)
. give out, *SET FORTH*; bring forth, beget, produce;
. relate, tell, utter; *PUBLISH*.
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER.
"He dies", however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
The wonder is, he hath endur'd so long.
Lea wrote:

<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is, thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must obey the Grand Master.

Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?
You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
Lea wrote:

<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?

It makes [HENRY LEE]'s appearance that much more significant:
------------------------------------------------------
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
.
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
. As Philomell in summers front doth singe,
. And stops his pipe in growth of riper daies:
. Not that the summer is lesse pleasant now
. Then when her mournefull himns did hush the night,
. But that wild musick burthens *EVERy bow* ,
. And sweets growne common loose their deare delight.
. Therefore like her, I some-time hold my tongue:
. Because I would not dull you wiTH MY SONGE.
..................................................
. <= 8 =>
.
. T h(E)o w n [E]
. r s t(O)n g u [E]
. (D O T{H}P U B [L]
. I S H{E}V E R [Y]
. {W H}E{R}E)O u [R]
. l o v{E}w a s [N]
. e w,a n d t h [E]
. n b u t i n t [H]
. e s p r i n g,{W H}
.
Sidney friend/Queen's Champion:
[HENRY LEE] -8 : Prob. in any Sonnet ~ 1 in 1765
-------------------------------------------------------
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?
Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
Lea wrote:

<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
-------------------------------------------------------
. P&G res nil
. PrinGles
-------------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth

<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars." P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars. Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast. At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in 1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
-------------------------------------------------------
______ *BOAR* = *VERRE* (Italian)
<<We've been through this before, Art -- many times, in fact. HoweVER, you
remain irremediably ineducable, so you will no doubt continue posting this
oVER and oVER and oVER, just as heedless as in the cases of _тæрин_ as
Russian(!) for "youth", _vier_ as Spanish for "four", etc. HoweVER, to
recapitulate, the word that you evidently have in mind (what little is left
of it, at any rate) is _verro_, although the correct word for the European
wild boar that appears in Oxford's heraldry is _cinghiale_, cognate to the
French _sanglier_ and to the English collective expression "a singular of
boars".>>
But "boars" is plural.
Lea wrote:

<<That's a different sense of the word "singular", Art>>

But "boar" is plural...and you are a singular bore.
------------------------------------------------------------
. Last speech in the First Folio (1623):
. http://tinyurl.com/q7mtmcg
. http://tinyurl.com/q3588wk
........................................
Cymbeline: *LAUD WE THE GODS* ,
. And let our crooked SMOAKES
. climbe to their Nostrils
. From our blest Altars.
. *PUBLISH* we
.
. {T}his Pe{A}ce [T]o [A]{L}[L] o[U]r [S]{U}biect{S}.
.
. Set we forward:
. Let A Roman, and a Brittish Ensigne wave
. Friendly toge(T)h(E)r: (S|O) (T)hrough Luds-Towne march,
. And in the Temple of great *IUPITER*
. Our Peace wee'l ratifie: Seale it with Feasts.
. Set on there: NEVER was a Warre did cease
. (Ere bloodie hands were wash'd) with such a Peace.
........................................
. <= 6 =>
.
. P U B L I S
. H w e {T} h i
. s P e {A} c e
. [T] o [A]{L}[L] o
. [U] r [S]{U} b i
. e c t {S}.
.
[TALUS] 2
{TALUS} 6
........................................
Prob. of 2[TALUS]'s with skip < 7
in Last FF Speech: ~ 1 in 830,000

Prob. of a Royal Flush = 1 in 649,739
-------------------------------------------------------
<<If you're referring to the PT/DT nonsense, Art, then the probability
of a royal flush is *zero* -- Oxford was absolutely shameless.>>
----------------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harington_(writer)

<<Sir John Harington (also spelled Harrington, baptised 4 August 1560 – 20 November 1612), of Kelston, but baptised in London, was an English courtier, author and translator popularly known as the inventor of the flush toilet. He became a prominent member of Queen Elizabeth I's court, and was known as her "saucy Godson". But because of his poetry and other writings, he fell in and out of favour with the Queen.

The work for which he is best known today, A New Discourse of a Stale Subject, called the Metamorphosis of Ajax (1596) is a political allegory and a coded attack on the monarchy. His New Discourse described a forerunner to the modern flush toilet that was installed at his house at Kelston.>>
----------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Marston: "Kinde *KIT MARLOWE*"
......................................................
Heywood: " *MARLO* renown'd for his rare Art and wit
. Could nE'ER attaine *beyond the name of KIT* "
......................................................
Thomas Nashe in Lenten Stuffe:
.
. "Let me see, hath any bodie in Yarmouth heard of
. Leander and Hero, of whom divine MUSAEUS sung,
. and a diviner MUSE than him, *KIT MARLOW*
. Two faithfull lovers they were, a EVERy
. apprentis in Paules *CHURCHYARD* will tell
. you for your love and sel you for your mony"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://tei.it.ox.ac.uk/tcp/Texts-HTML/free/A18/A18762.html

Thomas *CHURCHYARD*: The Epitaph of the right honourable,

(Lor[D]) Ambrose (DUDLE[Y]) Erle of (WARWIC[K]e).

LEave off to write, spare speech a space, be [M]ute O muse of mine:
Let blubring teares bede[A]w thy face, O waile with weeping eyne:
The cou[R]se of life that drawes but breth, in dollor a[L]l his dayes:
Till hart stringes burst, till h[OWE]r of death, til pilgrim goes his wayes.
..............................................................
. <= 36 =>
.
.(L o r[D])A m b r o s e(D U D L E[Y])Erle o f(W A R W I C[K]e)L E a v e
. o f f t o w r i t e s p a r e s p eech a s p a c e b e[M]u t e O m u
. s e o f m i n e L e t b l u b r i ngte a r e s b e d e[A]w t h y f a
. c e O w a i l e w i t h w e e p i ngey n e T h e c o u[R]s e o f l i
. f e t h a t d r a w e s b u t b r ethi n d o l l o r a[L]l h i s d a
. y e s T i l l h a r t s t r i n g esbu r s t t i l l h[O W E]r o f d
. e a t h t i l p i l g r i m g o e shis w a y e s.
..............................................................
[K.MARLO/WE] 36 : Prob. in first sentence ~ 1 in 1,900,000
[KYD] -13 : Prob. in first sentence ~ 1 in 81
..............................................................
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Kyd

<<In October 1565 Thomas [KYD] (6 November 1558 - 15 August 1594) was enrolled with Thomas Lodge (1558 – Sept. 1625) & Edmund Spenser (1552 – Jan. 13, 1599) in the Merchant Taylors' School. From 1587 to 1593 he was in the service of an unidentified noble, since, after his imprisonment in 1593, he wrote of having lost "the favours of my (Lor[D]), whom I haue servd almost theis vi yeres nowe". Around 1591 [KIT MARLOWE] also joined this patron's service, and for a while [KIT MARLOWE] and [KYD] shared lodgings.>>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
<<The string "KMARLOWE" does not appear as an equidistant letter sequence
of skip 36 -- of indeed, of *any* skip -- in the above text, Art. >>
Did I say that it did?
Lea wrote: <<If that's not what you had in mind,
then what *was* your point (if any), Art?>>

I do love to [KYD].
<<You should find a remedial adult education specialist to diagnose whether
your main problem is a complete inability to read or a complete inability
to count -- not that the two possibilities in your case are mutually
exclusive, Art.>>
----------------------------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/zv93mdf
.
_The MINERVA BRITANNA_ Banner Folding clearly demonstrates
how the Equidistant Linear Sequence decoding is to be performed:
..........................................................
"all thinges perish and come to theyr last end, but workes
of learned WITS & monuments of Poetry abide *for EVER* ."
..........................................................
_______ <= 7 =>
.
. [V]I __\V\ (I) T U R
. [I]N G __\E\ (N) I O
. [C]Æ|T| E \R\ (A) M
. [O]R|T| I S __\E\ (R)
. [U N T]
.
{VERE} 8 : Prob. ~ 1 in 140
(I-NAR) 8
........................................................
1579: Dedication to Oxford in the only edition of
. Geoffrey Gates' The Defence of Militarie profession.
.
. TO THE RIGHT honorable, Edward de \VERE\, Earle of
. Oxenford, [VICOUNT] Bulbecke, Lod of Escales
. and Baldesmere, and Lord great Chamberlaine of England.
------------------------------------------------------
Lea wrote:

<<No, Art; ample evidence shows that you cannot cannot even count as high as six
(or VI in the Roman numerals that you were taught at George Mason Elementary).>>

I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
. *AM(b)RO(s)E*
. *MAR(l)O(w)E*
Lea wrote: <<That's not an anagram, Art.>>
I just cut out the (bs).
Lea wrote:

<<No, Art; that would have left you with the empty post (sometimes denoted ø)
-- not that that would not have been a huge improvement.>>

Arthgallus & the ragged post?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.civicheraldry.co.uk/warwicks.html

<<The bear and ragged staff have long been associated with Warwickshire. The origins of these emblems are lost in the distant past, but have been associated with the Earls of Warwick since at least as early as the 14th century. William Dugdale in the 17th century, recalls that the legendary Arthgallus, an Britsh Earl of Warwick and knight of King Arthur's Round Table, thought that his name came from the Welsh "artos" or bear. He also suggested that the ragged staff was chosen because Morvidus, Earl of Warwick, killed a giant with the broken branch of a tree. These claims cannot be supported and Dugdale was just recalling medieval legends. However, there is no doubt that the bear and the ragged staff were first used by the Beauchamp family, who became Earls of Warwick in 1268, as a badge or mark of identity in to addition to their own coat of arms. At first the emblems seem to have been used independently. The bear and ragged staff have been used by subsequent holders of the Earldom of Warwick, the Dudleys, the Grevilles and are borne as a crest by the present Earl.>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
__ *(To the m)[eMOry of my beloVED]"
__ *(To them) [my OM, by fo(DEVere)ol]*
Lea wrote: <<...which is moronic nonsense, as usual.>>
And my poor fool is hang'd! No, no, no Liffey!
Easter 18 Apr NS 1593 => William Herbert's 13th birthday
18 Apr OS 1593 => Venus & Adonis was registered
Good Friday 8 Apr 1300 => Dante descends into Hell
Easter 10 Apr 1300 => Dante returns to see stars
Easter 14 Apr 1471 => OXFORD fights at BARNET
Easter 9 Apr 1553 => FRANCOIS rabelais dies
Easter 9 Apr 1626 => FRANCIS bacon dies freezing chicken
Sunday 14 Apr 1861 => Two Ft. Sumter casualties
9 Apr 1865 => Lee surrenders to Grant
Good Friday 14 Apr 1865 => Booth shots Abraham Lincoln
26 Apr 1865 => BOSTON Corbett shots Booth
Easter 9 Apr 1882 => Dante Gabriel Rossetti dies
Lea wrote: <<Was there supposed to have been any point
to the above effusion of nutcase numerology, Art?>>
It was a Yeaster Rising.
Lea wrote: <<It looks more like a keister falling, Art.>>

The Metamorphosis of Ajax:


-----------------------------------------------------------
Art Neuendorffer
nordicskiv2
2018-02-13 14:20:49 UTC
Permalink
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:49:42 AM UTC-5, Arthur Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter) wrote:

[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
The word _whose_ is VERy common and unremarkable in English, Art, although doubtless a word unfamiliar to you.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER.
"He dies", however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
The wonder is, he hath endur'd so long.
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art? (Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?
You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?
What do you mean "that much more significant", Art? It was utterly insignificant at the outset. Zero is greater than or equal to zero, Art.

[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?
Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
-------------------------------------------------------
. P&G res nil
. PrinGles
Then you agree that Oxford preferred ingles? Graciously conceded, Art!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
-------------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth
<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the
moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a
particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which
states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars."
P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars.
Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to
in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where
the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to
be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast.
At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the
two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in
1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
Huh? While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant, lunatic conspiracy theories is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
______ *BOAR* = *VERRE* (Italian)
<<We've been through this before, Art -- many times, in fact. HoweVER, you
remain irremediably ineducable, so you will no doubt continue posting this
oVER and oVER and oVER, just as heedless as in the cases of _тæрин_ as
Russian(!) for "youth", _vier_ as Spanish for "four", etc. HoweVER, to
recapitulate, the word that you evidently have in mind (what little is left
of it, at any rate) is _verro_, although the correct word for the European
wild boar that appears in Oxford's heraldry is _cinghiale_, cognate to the
French _sanglier_ and to the English collective expression "a singular of
boars".>>
But "boars" is plural.
<<That's a different sense of the word "singular", Art>>
But "boar" is plural...and you are a singular bore.
What do you expect, Art? You repeat the VERy same idiotic crap oVER and oVER and oVER and oVER without giving my any new material.

[Crackpot cryptography and other lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. <= 36 =>
.
.(L o r[D])A m b r o s e(D U D L E[Y])Erle o f(W A R W I C[K]e)L E a v e
. o f f t o w r i t e s p a r e s p eech a s p a c e b e[M]u t e O m u
. s e o f m i n e L e t b l u b r i ngte a r e s b e d e[A]w t h y f a
. c e O w a i l e w i t h w e e p i ngey n e T h e c o u[R]s e o f l i
. f e t h a t d r a w e s b u t b r ethi n d o l l o r a[L]l h i s d a
. y e s T i l l h a r t s t r i n g esbu r s t t i l l h[O W E]r o f d
. e a t h t i l p i l g r i m g o e shis w a y e s.
..............................................................
[K.MARLO/WE] 36
The string "KMARLOWE" *still* does not appear as an equidistant letter sequence of skip 36 -- of indeed, of *any* skip -- in the above text, Art.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<The string "KMARLOWE" does not appear as an equidistant letter sequence
of skip 36 -- of indeed, of *any* skip -- in the above text, Art. >>
Did I say that it did?
Lea wrote: <<If that's not what you had in mind,
...SUCH AS IT IS, Art! Don't misquote me by editing out these VERy important qualifications!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
then what *was* your point (if any), Art?>>
I do love to [KYD].
Oxford reportedly loved Kyds too, Art.

While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant rubbish is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<You should find a remedial adult education specialist to diagnose whether
your main problem is a complete inability to read or a complete inability
to count -- not that the two possibilities in your case are mutually
exclusive, Art.>>
[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<No, Art; ample evidence shows that you cannot cannot even count as high as six
(or VI in the Roman numerals that you were taught at George Mason Elementary).>>
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art! HoweVER, this information seems doubtful: if there is any sense at all in the uniVERse, you birthday must be April 1.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. *AM(b)RO(s)E*
. *MAR(l)O(w)E*
Lea wrote: <<That's not an anagram, Art.>>
I just cut out the (bs).
<<No, Art; that would have left you with the empty post (sometimes denoted ø)
-- not that that would not have been a huge improvement.>>
[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
__ *(To the m)[eMOry of my beloVED]"
__ *(To them) [my OM, by fo(DEVere)ol]*
Lea wrote: <<...which is moronic nonsense, as usual.>>
And my poor fool is hang'd! No, no, no Liffey!
Easter 18 Apr NS 1593 => William Herbert's 13th birthday
18 Apr OS 1593 => Venus & Adonis was registered
Good Friday 8 Apr 1300 => Dante descends into Hell
Easter 10 Apr 1300 => Dante returns to see stars
Easter 14 Apr 1471 => OXFORD fights at BARNET
Easter 9 Apr 1553 => FRANCOIS rabelais dies
Easter 9 Apr 1626 => FRANCIS bacon dies freezing chicken
Sunday 14 Apr 1861 => Two Ft. Sumter casualties
9 Apr 1865 => Lee surrenders to Grant
Good Friday 14 Apr 1865 => Booth shots Abraham Lincoln
26 Apr 1865 => BOSTON Corbett shots Booth
Easter 9 Apr 1882 => Dante Gabriel Rossetti dies
Lea wrote: <<Was there supposed to have been any point
to the above effusion of nutcase numerology, Art?>>
It was a Yeaster Rising.
Lea wrote: <<It looks more like a keister falling, Art.>>
http://youtu.be/aVCFmABAm4E
That's the wrong kind of keister, Art. [Hint: Get someone to read the definition and the etymology of the word "pratfall" to you, Art.]

But this still leaves my original question unanswered: Was there supposed to have been any point to the above effusion of nutcase numerology, Art? If so, what was it?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
-----------------------------------------------------------
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2018-02-13 15:44:48 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
Lea wrote:

<<The word _whose_ is VERy common and unremarkable in English, Art.>>
...........................................................
I just made it remarkable by remarking upon it.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER. "He dies",
however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
...........................................................
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Neufer wrote: <<The wonder is, he hath endur'd so long.>>
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?

You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?
------------------------------------------------------
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
.
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
. As Philomell in summers front doth singe,
. And stops his pipe in growth of riper daies:
. Not that the summer is lesse pleasant now
. Then when her mournefull himns did hush the night,
. But that wild musick burthens *EVERy bow* ,
. And sweets growne common loose their deare delight.
. Therefore like her, I some-time hold my tongue:
. Because I would not dull you wiTH MY SONGE.
..................................................
. <= 8 =>
.
. T h(E)o w n [E]
. r s t(O)n g u [E]
. (D O T{H}P U B [L]
. I S H{E}V E R [Y]
. {W H}E{R}E)O u [R]
. l o v{E}w a s [N]
. e w,a n d t h [E]
. n b u t i n t [H]
. e s p r i n g,{W H}
.
Sidney friend/Queen's Champion:
[HENRY LEE] -8 : Prob. in any Sonnet ~ 1 in 1765
-------------------------------------------------------
Lea wrote:

<<What do you mean "that much more significant", Art? It was utterly insignificant at the outset. Zero is greater than or equal to zero, Art.>>
...........................................................
You mean it can’t be LESS significant

It’s VERy easy to be MORE significant than nothing.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?

Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
-------------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. P&G res nil
. PrinGles
Lea wrote: <<Then you agree that Oxford preferred ingles?>>

Little Jack Jingle,
He used to live single;
But when he got tired of this kind of life,
He left off being single and lived with his wife.
Now what do you think of little Jack Jingle?
Before he was married he used to live single.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
-------------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth
<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the
moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a
particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which
states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars."
P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars.
Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to
in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where
the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to
be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast.
At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the
two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in
1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
Lea wrote:

<<Huh? While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant, lunatic conspiracy theories is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
...........................................................
[T]he Man in the Moon came tumbling down,
[A]nd asked the way to Norwich;
[H]e went by the south, and burnt his mouth
[W]ith eating cold pease porridge.

Lea wrote:

<<You repeat the VERy same idiotic crap oVER and oVER and oVER and oVER without giving my any new material.>>
...........................................................
I wouldn't go that *FAR* :
-----------------------------------------------------------
*VERRE* = *FAR*, at great distance (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR*, towards a great distance (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR*, to a great extent (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR* into the future (Middle Dutch)
......................................................................
yet thus *FAR* I will boldly *PUBLISH her*; she *BORE*
a mind that envy could not but call fair. - Twelfth Night: II, i
......................................................................
*VERRE* = *BOAR* (Latin)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
QUICK [NATURE DIDE] [WHoSE] [NAM {E] DO}<TH. DECK.> YS TOMBE,
*FAR* MORE,THEN COST: [SIEH] ALL, YT HE HATH WRITT,
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F3/13/
Prefatory Materials (Folio 3, 1664)

A Catalogue of all the Comedies, Histories,
and Tragedies contained in this Book.
............................................
Tragedies.

Troylus and Cressida.
The Tragedy of Coriolanus.
Titus Andronicus.
Romeo and Juli[E]t.
Timon of Athens.
The Tra[G]edy of Jul. Caes.
The Trage[D]y of Macbeth.
The Tragedy [O]f Hamlet.
The Tragedy of K. [L]ear.
The Moor of Venice.
An[T]hony and Cleopatra.
The Tragedy of Cymbeline.
............................................
. <= 21 =>
.
. T r o y l u s a n d C r e s s i d a.T h e
. T r a g e d y o f C o r i o l a n u s.T i
. t u s A n d r o n i c u s.R o m e o a n d
. J u l i [E] t.T i m o n o f A t h e n s.T h
. e T r a [G] e d y o f J u l.C a e s.T h e T
. r a g e [D] y o f M a c b e t h.T h e T r a
. g e d y [O] f H a m l e t.T h e T r a g e d
. y o f K.[L] e a r.T h e M o o r o f V e n i
. c e.A n [T] h o n y a n d C l e o p a t r a.
. T h e T r a g e d y o f C y m b e l i n e.

[T.LODGE] -21 : Prob. in "Tragedies" ~ 1 in 1100
----------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
Lea wrote:

<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"You seem so sad, Eeyore."

"Sad? Why should I be sad? It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year."

"Your birthday?" said Pooh in great surprise.

"Of course it is. Can't you see? Look at all the presents I have had." He waved a foot from side to side. "Look at the birthday cake. Candles and pink sugar."

Pooh looked--first to the right and then to the left.

"Presents?" said Pooh. "Birthday cake?" said Pooh. "Where?"

"Can't you see them?"

"No," said Pooh.

"Neither can I," said Eeyore. "Joke," he explained. "Ha ha!"

Pooh scratched his head, being a little puzzled by all this.

"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.

"It is."

"Oh! Well, Many happy returns of the day, Eeyore."

"And many happy returns to you, Pooh Bear."

"But it isn't my birthday."

"No, it's mine."

"But you said 'Many happy returns'--"

"Well, why not? You don't always want to be miserable on my birthday, do you?"

"Oh, I see," said Pooh.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Art Neuendorffer
nordicskiv2
2018-02-13 23:32:56 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
<<The word _whose_ is VERy common and unremarkable in English, Art.>>
...........................................................
I just made it remarkable by remarking upon it.
Your remarking upon something does not suffice to make it remarkable, Art. It would take a sane commentator to do that.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER. "He dies",
however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
...........................................................
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Neufer (aka Noonedafter) wrote: <<The wonder is, he hath endur'd so long.>>
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.

But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?
You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?
[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<What do you mean "that much more significant", Art? It was utterly insignificant at the outset. Zero is greater than or equal to zero, Art.>>
...........................................................
You mean it can’t be LESS significant
It’s VERy easy to be MORE significant than nothing.
If it's so VERy easy, Art, then how come you can neVER manage it?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?
Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
-------------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. P&G res nil
...which makes no sense...
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. PrinGles
Lea wrote: <<Then you agree that Oxford preferred ingles?>>
Little Jack Jingle,
He used to live single;
But when he got tired of this kind of life,
He left off being single and lived with his wife.
Now what do you think of little Jack Jingle?
Before he was married he used to live single.
While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant rubbish is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth
<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the
moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a
particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which
states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars."
P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars.
Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to
in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where
the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to
be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast.
At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the
two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in
1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
<<Huh? While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant, lunatic conspiracy
theories is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the
extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
...........................................................
[T]he Man in the Moon came tumbling down,
[A]nd asked the way to Norwich;
[H]e went by the south, and burnt his mouth
[W]ith eating cold pease porridge.
While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant doggerel is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<You repeat the VERy same idiotic crap oVER and oVER and oVER and oVER
without giving my any new material.>>
[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
*VERRE* = *BOAR* (Latin)
*NO*, Art! The Latin word (in the nominative singular) is _verris_, not _verre_! Nor is it Italian either! Can't you eVER get *anything* right?! You're getting as bad as Elizabeth Weird!

<http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0059%3Aentry%3Dverres1>

MoreoVER, as I have pointed out countless times, _verris_ (and _verro_ in Italian) means a generic uncastrated male swine, not the European wild boar that appears in Oxford's heraldry. The Italian word for boar in that sense is _cinghiale_, cognate to the French _sanglier_. The Latin for boar in that sense (i.e., the European wild boar appearing in Oxford's heraldry) is _aper_:

<http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0059%3Aentry%3Daper1>.

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"You seem so sad, Eeyore."
"Sad? Why should I be sad? It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year."
"Your birthday?" said Pooh in great surprise.
"Of course it is. Can't you see? Look at all the presents I have had." He
waved a foot from side to side. "Look at the birthday cake. Candles and pink
sugar."
Pooh looked--first to the right and then to the left.
"Presents?" said Pooh. "Birthday cake?" said Pooh. "Where?"
"Can't you see them?"
"No," said Pooh.
"Neither can I," said Eeyore. "Joke," he explained. "Ha ha!"
Pooh scratched his head, being a little puzzled by all this.
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? April 1 would be a *much* more appropriate date.

If so, how do you plan to celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?

What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_, perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy guy to shop for, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
"It is."
"Oh! Well, Many happy returns of the day, Eeyore."
"And many happy returns to you, Pooh Bear."
"But it isn't my birthday."
"No, it's mine."
"But you said 'Many happy returns'--"
"Well, why not? You don't always want to be miserable on my birthday, do you?"
"Oh, I see," said Pooh.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2018-02-14 17:25:26 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
<<The word _whose_ is VERy common and unremarkable in English, Art.>>
...........................................................
I just made it remarkable by remarking upon it.
Lea wrote: <<Your remarking upon something
does not suffice to make it remarkable, Art.>>

Mark my words....
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER. "He dies",
however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
...........................................................
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Neufer wrote: <<The wonder is, he hath endur'd so long.>>
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
Lea wrote:

<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.

But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>

The Rumpelstiltskins?

KAOS?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?
You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?
------------------------------------------------------
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
.
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
. As Philomell in summers front doth singe,
. And stops his pipe in growth of riper daies:
. Not that the summer is lesse pleasant now
. Then when her mournefull himns did hush the night,
. But that wild musick burthens *EVERy bow* ,
. And sweets growne common loose their deare delight.
. Therefore like her, I some-time hold my tongue:
. Because I would not dull you wiTH MY SONGE.
..................................................
. <= 8 =>
.
. T h(E)o w n [E]
. r s t(O)n g u [E]
. (D O T{H}P U B [L]
. I S H{E}V E R [Y]
. {W H}E{R}E)O u [R]
. l o v{E}w a s [N]
. e w,a n d t h [E]
. n b u t i n t [H]
. e s p r i n g,{W H}
.
Sidney friend/Queen's Champion:
[HENRY LEE] -8 : Prob. in any Sonnet ~ 1 in 1765
-------------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<What do you mean "that much more significant", Art?
It was utterly insignificant at the outset.
Zero is greater than or equal to zero, Art.>>
...........................................................
You mean it can’t be LESS significant
It’s VERy easy to be MORE significant than nothing.
Lea wrote:

<<If it's so VERy easy, Art, then how come you can neVER manage it?>>

Because I am always MORE significant than something.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?
Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
-------------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. P&G res nil
. PrinGles
Lea wrote: <<Then you agree that Oxford preferred ingles?>>
Little Jack Jingle,
He used to live single;
But when he got tired of this kind of life,
He left off being single and lived with his wife.
Now what do you think of little Jack Jingle?
Before he was married he used to live single.
Lea wrote:

<<While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant doggerel is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>

Ad hominems are a classic Trump tactic as well.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth
<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the
moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a
particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which
states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars."
P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars.
Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to
in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where
the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to
be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast.
At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the
two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in
1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
<<Huh? While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant, lunatic conspiracy
theories is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the
extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
...........................................................
[T]he Man in the Moon came tumbling down,
[A]nd asked the way to Norwich;
[H]e went by the south, and burnt his mouth
[W]ith eating cold pease porridge.
Lea wrote:

<<While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant doggerel is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>

Ad hominems are a classic Trump tactic as well.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<You repeat the VERy same idiotic crap oVER and oVER and oVER and oVER
without giving my any new material.>>
...........................................................
I wouldn't go that *FAR* :
-----------------------------------------------------------
*VERRE* = *FAR*, at great distance (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR*, towards a great distance (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR*, to a great extent (Middle Dutch)
*VERRE* = *FAR* into the future (Middle Dutch)
..................................................................
yet thus *FAR* I will boldly *PUBLISH her*; she *BORE*
a mind that envy could not but call fair. - Twelfth Night: II, i
..................................................................
*VERRE* = "of", "from", "concerning" a male *BOAR* (Latin)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
QUICK [NATURE DIDE] [WHoSE] [NAM {E] DO}<TH. DECK.> YS TOMBE,
*FAR* MORE,THEN COST: [SIEH] ALL, YT HE HATH WRITT,
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://internetshakespeare.uvic.ca/Library/facsimile/book/SLNSW_F3/13/
Prefatory Materials (Folio 3, 1664)

A Catalogue of all the Comedies, Histories,
and Tragedies contained in this Book.
............................................
Tragedies.

Troylus and Cressida.
The Tragedy of Coriolanus.
Titus Andronicus.
Romeo and Juli[E]t.
Timon of Athens.
The Tra[G]edy of Jul. Caes.
The Trage[D]y of Macbeth.
The Tragedy [O]f Hamlet.
The Tragedy of K. [L]ear.
The Moor of Venice.
An[T]hony and Cleopatra.
The Tragedy of Cymbeline.
............................................
. <= 21 =>
.
. T r o y l u s a n d C r e s s i d a.T h e
. T r a g e d y o f C o r i o l a n u s.T i
. t u s A n d r o n i c u s.R o m e o a n d
. J u l i [E] t.T i m o n o f A t h e n s.T h
. e T r a [G] e d y o f J u l.C a e s.T h e T
. r a g e [D] y o f M a c b e t h.T h e T r a
. g e d y [O] f H a m l e t.T h e T r a g e d
. y o f K.[L] e a r.T h e M o o r o f V e n i
. c e.A n [T] h o n y a n d C l e o p a t r a.
. T h e T r a g e d y o f C y m b e l i n e.

[T.LODGE] -21 : Prob. in "Tragedies" ~ 1 in 1100
----------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
*VERRE* = *BOAR* (Latin)
*NO*, Art!
The Latin word (in the nominative singular) is _verris_, not _verre_!
-----------------------------------------------------
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/verres#Latin

The Latin word (in the nominative & vocative) is _verres_.

The Latin word (in the genitive singular) is _verris_.
The Latin word (in the ablative singular) is _verre_!

ablative case: A noun case used in some languages to indicate movement away from something, removal, separation. It corresponds roughly to the use in English of prepositions "of", "from", "away from", and "concerning".

[Ancient Greek ἄρσην (ARSEn).]
-----------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"You seem so sad, Eeyore."
"Sad? Why should I be sad? It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year."
"Your birthday?" said Pooh in great surprise.
"Of course it is. Can't you see? Look at all the presents I have had." He
waved a foot from side to side. "Look at the birthday cake. Candles and pink
sugar."
Pooh looked--first to the right and then to the left.
"Presents?" said Pooh. "Birthday cake?" said Pooh. "Where?"
"Can't you see them?"
"No," said Pooh.
"Neither can I," said Eeyore. "Joke," he explained. "Ha ha!"
Pooh scratched his head, being a little puzzled by all this.
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
Lea wrote:

<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum? What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_, perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy guy to shop for, Art.>>

If you are going to make fun of me by the company I keep you might as well include my good friend Alan Green:

Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage includes a hidden circle with Pythagorian triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop, Alan blunders on to state that also hidden in the Sonnets titlepage are:

1) e = 2.718281
2) Bruns constant &
3) Euler's constant.

http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos

This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy and David L Roper's simple proof of Fermat's Last Theorum:

http://www.davidroper.eu/

[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]

Art Neuendorffer
nordicskiv2
2018-02-16 01:57:15 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
To [.W.H.oS.E] sound chaste wings obay.
...................................................
3: [.W.H.oS.E] fresh repaire if now thou not renewest,
8: [.W.H.oS.E] speechlesse song being many, seeming one,
<<The word _whose_ is VERy common and unremarkable in English, Art.>>
...........................................................
I just made it remarkable by remarking upon it.
Lea wrote: <<Your remarking upon something
does not suffice to make it remarkable, Art.>>
Mark my words....
Even your re-remarking upon something does not suffice to make it remarkable, Art; it would take a sane commentator to have that effect.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35973094
<<There is a stage direction in King Lear, which, in the early
part of the print run, says rather cryptically "H {EDIS}",
which is then updated in later copies to "He dis"
before it is finally corrected to "He dies".>>
------------------------------------------------------
. "H {EDIS}" : {You *PUBLISH*} "H".
Lea wrote: <<...which makes no sense whateVER. "He dies",
however, makes perfect sense in the context in which it appears.>>
...........................................................
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Neufer (aka Noonedafter) wrote: <<The wonder is, he hath endur'd so
long.>>
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.
But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art. It's a pity that you have so much trouble distinguishing reality from fiction.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
_______ Sonnet 102 (Only Sonnet's *PUBLISH*)
Lea wrote: <<So?
You were expecting that "publish" would appear in all of them, Art?!>>
I was hoping that "publish" would appear in one (and only one) of them.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Why were you hoping that, Art? What difference could it possibly make?
[Crackpot cryptography snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<What do you mean "that much more significant", Art?
It was utterly insignificant at the outset.
Zero is greater than or equal to zero, Art.>>
You mean it can’t be LESS significant
It’s VERy easy to be MORE significant than nothing.
<<If it's so VERy easy, Art, then how come you can neVER manage it?>>
Because I am always MORE significant than something.
I can't imagine what you are more significant than, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
Lea wrote: <<His *lays*, Art?
Is he referring to Virginia Padoana, to Anne Vavasour, or to Orazio Cogno?>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay%27s
["betcha can't eat just one."]
<<Oxford preferred ingles to Pringles.
. P&G res nil
. PrinGles
Lea wrote: <<Then you agree that Oxford preferred ingles?>>
Little Jack Jingle,
He used to live single;
But when he got tired of this kind of life,
He left off being single and lived with his wife.
Now what do you think of little Jack Jingle?
Before he was married he used to live single.
<<While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant doggerel is a
classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that
it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
Ad hominems are a classic Trump tactic as well.
I didn't say anything about you, Art, but rather about your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument). That's not an _ad hominem_, although I realize that you have no more idea what _ad hominem_ means than you have what an equidistant letter sequence is.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Logo_myth
<<P&G received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s due to rumors that the
moon-and-stars logo was a satanic symbol. The accusation was based on a
particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which
states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with
the sun, the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of 12 stars."
P&G's logo consisted of a man's face on the moon surrounded by 13 stars.
Some claimed that the logo was a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to
in the aforementioned verse, thus construing the logo to be satanic. Where
the flowing beard meets the surrounding circle, three curls were said to
be a mirror image of the number 666, or the reflected number of the beast.
At the top and bottom, the hair curls in on itself and was said to be the
two horns like those of a ram. The moon-and-stars logo was discontinued in
1985 in a failed attempt to quash the rumors.>>
<<Huh? While misdirection by bringing up irrelevant, lunatic conspiracy
theories is a classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the
extent that it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
...........................................................
[T]he Man in the Moon came tumbling down,
[A]nd asked the way to Norwich;
[H]e went by the south, and burnt his mouth
[W]ith eating cold pease porridge.
<<While mindless misdirection by bringing up irrelevant doggerel is a
classic Trump tactic, it doesn't help your argument (to the extent that
it could be called an argument) any, Art.>>
Ad hominems are a classic Trump tactic as well.
I didn't say anything about you, Art, but rather about your argument (to the extent that it could be called an argument). That's not an _ad hominem_, although I realize that you have no more idea what _ad hominem_ means than you have what an equidistant letter sequence is.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<You repeat the VERy same idiotic crap oVER and oVER and oVER and oVER
without giving my any new material.>>
[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"You seem so sad, Eeyore."
"Sad? Why should I be sad? It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year."
"Your birthday?" said Pooh in great surprise.
"Of course it is. Can't you see? Look at all the presents I have had." He
waved a foot from side to side. "Look at the birthday cake. Candles and pink
sugar."
Pooh looked--first to the right and then to the left.
"Presents?" said Pooh. "Birthday cake?" said Pooh. "Where?"
"Can't you see them?"
"No," said Pooh.
"Neither can I," said Eeyore. "Joke," he explained. "Ha ha!"
Pooh scratched his head, being a little puzzled by all this.
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me
Me?! Make fun of you, Art?!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
by the company I keep
You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while Michell has been dead since 2009.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage [sic] includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorian [sic]
Is English your native tongue, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon by Alexander Waugh).
However, not knowing when to stop,
...understatement of the millennium!...
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
1) e = 2.718281
Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational (in fact, transcendental), Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
2) Bruns constant &
3) Euler's constant.
You mean the sum of the harmonic series minus the log of infinity?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
and David L Roper's
http://www.davidroper.eu/
A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists (and I'm not about to buy the book to find out!).

But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?

For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.

Incidentally, Art, I encourage you to get your resumé in order: the Trump administration is in need of a White House staff secretary, and maybe will soon be searching for a new Chief of Staff as well. MoreoVER, literacy is evidently not a requirement for the latter post -- at any rate, its current occupant seems to have been unable to read the FBI's reports on Porter.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2018-02-16 23:21:36 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.
But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
Lea wrote: <<KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art.>>

Michael Dunn is a very real Oxfordian.


---------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS

<<Mr. Big (Michael Dunn) is the presumed head of KAOS and a little person. He only appears in the black-and-white pilot episode, and is killed by his own doomsday death ray.>>
---------------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
. MY LOVE IS Strengthned though more weake in seeming
. I love not lesse, thogh lesse the show appeare,
. That love is marchandiz'd, whose ritch esteeming,
.
. The own[E]rs tongu[E] (DOTH} PUB[L]ISH {E}VER[Y] {WH}E{R}E) .
. Ou[R] lov{E} was [N]ew, and th[E]n but in t[H]e spring,
.
.{WH}en I was wont to greet it with my laies,
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"You seem so sad, Eeyore."
"Sad? Why should I be sad? It's my birthday. The happiest day of the year."
"Your birthday?" said Pooh in great surprise.
"Of course it is. Can't you see? Look at all the presents I have had." He
waved a foot from side to side. "Look at the birthday cake. Candles and pink
sugar."
Pooh looked--first to the right and then to the left.
"Presents?" said Pooh. "Birthday cake?" said Pooh. "Where?"
"Can't you see them?"
"No," said Pooh.
"Neither can I," said Eeyore. "Joke," he explained. "Ha ha!"
Pooh scratched his head, being a little puzzled by all this.
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me by the company I keep
Lea wrote:

<<You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while Michell has been dead since 2009.>>

Beggars can't be choosers.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage [sic] includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorean triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon
by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop,
1) e = 2.718281
Lea wrote:

<<Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational (in fact, transcendental), Art?>>

Alan can be irrational (if not transcendental).
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
2) Bruns constant &
3) Euler's constant.
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
Lea wrote:

<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>

It's SAD!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
Lea wrote:

<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>

I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.davidroper.eu/
Lea wrote:

<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>

My Math co-author Dr. Larry Crone used to have a bumper sticker:

"Mathematicians prove it's possible."

Lea wrote:

<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>

And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>

Politics never come up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)

Lea wrote:

<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>

I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.

Art Neuendorffer
nordicskiv2
2018-02-17 02:53:33 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.
But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
Lea wrote: <<KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art.>>
Michael Dunn is a very real Oxfordian.
http://youtu.be/s6A5O3OO-Uo
---------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
But Art -- if Oxfordians were to get smart, then they could no longer be Oxfordians!

[Lunatic logorrhea snipped]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
[...]
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me
I?! Make fun of you?!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
by the company I keep
<<You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among
friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the
above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as
George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while
Michell has been dead since 2009.>>
Beggars can't be choosers.
But buggerers *can* be losers, as Oxford proved by his own example, Art!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage [sic] includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorean triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon
by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop,
1) e = 2.718281
<<Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational (in fact, transcendental), Art?>>
Alan can be irrational (if not transcendental).
Evidently.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
2) Bruns constant &
3) Euler's constant.
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>
It's SAD!
The two are not mutually exclusive, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>
I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
He of the cold fusion conspiracy, Art -- not to mention the misbegotten monograph on Shakespeare's Bible (about which the less said, the better). Is he still promulgating his crackpot cold fusion conspiracy theory?!
Is English your native tongue, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.davidroper.eu/
<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>
But Art -- Oxford himself was credibly alleged to have been a bummer-sticker.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
"Mathematicians prove it's possible."
<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>
And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
Absolutely! And "Dr." Faker's lunar landing "hoax". And Elizabeth Weird's relativity denial. Anti-Stratfordians are such amusing all-around cranks!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>
Politics never come up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)
I'm glad to hear that, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing
political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and
Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>
I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.
I haven't heard of him. Does he also have heterodOX ideas about science and mathematics?

But you neVER answered my question, Art: What did St. Carolyn give you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr?

I hope that whateVER gifts you received were to your liking, Art, and that your birthday was happy. I just hope that advancing age doesn't worsen your already alarming senility.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Arthur Neuendorffer
2018-02-17 06:14:11 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.
But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
Lea wrote: <<KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art.>>
Michael Dunn is a very real Oxfordian.
http://youtu.be/s6A5O3OO-Uo
---------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
Lea wrote:

<<But Art -- if Oxfordians were to get smart,
then they could no longer be Oxfordians!>>

If Oxfordians were to get smart, then they would be Groupists!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me by the company I keep
<<You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among
friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the
above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as
George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while
Michell has been dead since 2009.>>
--------------------------------------------------
Like I say, most of the folks who will talk with me are either:

1) right wing nutjobs,
2) promoting crazy non-authorship ideas,
3) Putin puppets,
4) Stratfordian math professors specifically assigned to me.

It's a pretty SAD group overall.
---------------------------------------------
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Beggars can't be choosers.
Lea wrote: <<But buggerers *can* be losers!>>

It takes one to know one.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage [sic] includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorean triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon
by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop,
Alan blunders on to state that also hidden in the Sonnets titlepage [sic]
1) e = 2.718281
<<Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational (in fact, transcendental),
Art?>>
Alan can be irrational (if not transcendental).
Lea wrote: <<Evidently.>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
2) Bruns constant &
3) Euler's constant.
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>
Neufer wrote: It's SAD!

Lea wrote: <<The two are not mutually exclusive, Art.>>

Loading Image...
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>
I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
Lea wrote:

<<He of the cold fusion conspiracy, Art -- not to mention the misbegotten monograph on Shakespeare's Bible (about which the less said, the better).>>

Shakespeare owned a Bible? Is it kept at the Folger?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.davidroper.eu/
<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>
"Mathematicians prove it's possible."
<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>
And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
Lea wrote:

<<Absolutely! And "Dr." Faker's lunar landing "hoax".
And Elizabeth Weird's relativity denial.
Anti-Stratfordians are such amusing all-around cranks!>>

Well...we can't be right about EVERything (especially Baconians).
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>
Politics never came up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)
Lea wrote: <<I'm glad to hear that, Art.>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing
political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and
Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>
I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.
Lea wrote: <<I haven't heard of him.>>

https://brooklynrail.org/2013/02/books/shake-speare-fission

Lea wrote:

<<Does he also have heterodOX ideas about science and mathematics?>>

Being the illegitimate son of Ruth Gordon so he has
a lot of heterodOX ideas about all sorts of things:
-------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Gordon

<<Ruth Gordon Jones (October 30, 1896 – August 28, 1985), was an American film , stage, and television actress, as well as a screenwriter and playwright. Gordon began her career performing on Broadway at age nineteen. Known for her nasal voice and distinctive personality, she gained international recognition and critical acclaim for film roles [Rosemary's Baby (1968), Harold and Maude (1971)] that continued into her seventies and eighties.>>
-------------------------------------------------
Lea wrote:

<<But you neVER answered my question, Art: What did St. Carolyn give you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr?

A bed quilt & a handmade pajama top.

Lea wrote:

<<I hope that whateVER gifts you received were to your liking,
Art, and that your birthday was happy.>>

Much appreciated, Dave.

Lea wrote:

<<I just hope that advancing age doesn't worsen your already alarming senility.>>

That's why I've taken up the hobby of
figuring out who wrote Shakespeare.

(Carolyn & I also work together on the Post Sunday Crossword.)

Art Neuendorffer
nordicskiv2
2018-02-17 23:14:33 UTC
Permalink
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<It's true that your ordure is difficult to endure, Art -- the wonder is,
thou hast ordured so long, let alone so repetitively. HoweVER, we must
obey the Grand Master.
Your order is difficult to endure, Dave.
What order is that, Art?
(Hint: Our Order wins out oVER your ordure eVERy time.)
...........................................................
The odor coming form your Order is pretty strong!
<<Not as strong as the odor from your ordure, Art.
But you still did not answer the question: What order is that, Art?>>
The Rumpelstiltskins?
KAOS?
Lea wrote: <<KAOS is a fictitious entity, Art.>>
Michael Dunn is a very real Oxfordian.
http://youtu.be/s6A5O3OO-Uo
---------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Smart#KAOS
<<But Art -- if Oxfordians were to get smart,
then they could no longer be Oxfordians!>>
If Oxfordians were to get smart, then they would be Groupists!
If they were *truly* smart, they could neVER have been duped by anti-Stratfordian rubbish in the first place!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by nordicskiv2
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
I turn LXXII on Mercurii.
<<Wow -- no wonder you're getting senile! Many happy returns, Art!>>
----------------------------------------------------
"But is it really your birthday?" he asked.
<<Is it really your birthday tomorrow, Art? If so, how do you plan to
celebrate? A friendly colloquy with George Mason's sculptural simulacrum?
What is St. Carolyn giving you for the occasion, Art? John Michell's
_The new view over Atlantis_? Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods?_,
perhaps? Steven Thomas's _The moon landing hoax: The eagle that never
landed_? John Mack's _Abduction: Human encounters with aliens_?
Something by Graham Hancock or Francis Carr? You must be a VERy easy
guy to shop for, Art.>>
If you are going to make fun of me
I?! Make fun of *you*, Art?!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
by the company I keep
<<You actually *keep company* with the above assorted nut jobs, Art?! Among
friends, does Francis Carr go by Frank? Or Crank? But at least two of the
above nutcases presumably exhibit as much indifference to your society as
George Mason does, Art -- indeed, John Mack has been dead since 2004, while
Michell has been dead since 2009.>>
--------------------------------------------------
1) right wing nutjobs,
2) promoting crazy non-authorship ideas,
That's not surprising. The craziness of your authorship "ideas" far exceeds the craziness of their non-authorship ideas, so they doubtless feel that their ideas are sane by comparison.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
3) Putin puppets,
There you go, Art -- that's all the *more* reason that you should be burnishing your resumé and angling for a top job in the Trump administration! You possess not only the requirements for the job -- among those are illiteracy and unshakable imperviousness to established fact -- but if you're in contact with Putin puppets, then you also have the right connections!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
4) Stratfordian math professors specifically assigned to me.
Your Petulant Paranoid persona neVER stops, Art!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
It's a pretty SAD group overall.
But Art -- "overall" is an anagram of "A Ver?! LOL!"
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Beggars can't be choosers.
Lea wrote: <<But buggerers *can* be losers!>>
It takes one to know one.
No, Art. If that's true, then you are confirmed as a demented belieVER that the lunar landing was a hoax, that space aliens have been abducting and sexually abusing humans, that the title page to Shakespeare's sonnets encodes the Euler number e (a number discoVERed by a man born a half century after Shakespeare's sonnets were published!), a cold fusion conspiracy proponent, etc. -- all on the basis of those whom have acknowledged knowing and even keeping company with!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan correctly points out that the Sonnets titlepage [sic] includes a hidden
circle with Pythagorean triangles (ideas later stolen and expanded upon
by Alexander Waugh). However, not knowing when to stop,
...a VERy common trait among anti-Stratfordian cranks...
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Alan blunders on to state that also hidden in the Sonnets titlepage [sic]
1) e = 2.718281
<<Is he (or are you) unaware that e is irrational (in fact, transcendental),
Art?>>
Alan can be irrational (if not transcendental).
Lea wrote: <<Evidently.>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
2) Bruns [sic] constant &
3) Euler's constant.
I assume that you mean the Euler-Mascheroni constant, jocularly characterized as the sum of the harmonic series minus the log of infinity, rather than e, which is also (somewhat inaccurately) called Euler's constant by some.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.tobeornottobe.org/videos
<<Thanks for posting this, Art -- it's hilarious!>>
Neufer (aka Noonedafter) wrote: It's SAD!
Lea wrote: <<The two are not mutually exclusive, Art.>>
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Ringling_Circus_clown_Emmett_Kelly_in_a_bubble_bath_Sarasota%2C_Florida.jpg
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
This on top of Stritmatter's cold fusion conspiracy
<<Is Dr. antiStratnutter *still* going on about his cold fusion conspiracy?!>>
I don't know any "Dr. antiStratnutter."
Oh, come off it, Art. Next you'll be telling me that you don't know who "Dr." Faker is -- or who Noonedafter is!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<He of the cold fusion conspiracy, Art -- not to mention the misbegotten
monograph on Shakespeare's Bible (about which the less said, the better).>>
Shakespeare owned a Bible? Is it kept at the Folger?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
http://www.davidroper.eu/
<<A simple proof? Or a simpleton's "proof"? Where does he
post the actual simple "proof", Art? All I see on that page
is an unsubstantiated claim that such a proof exists.>>
"Mathematicians prove it's possible."
<<But while you're at it, Art, don't forget "Dr." Faker's mathematical
and scientific contributions from his (sadly now defunct) web page.>>
And, of course, Streitz's denial of the Bernoulli effect.
<<Absolutely! And "Dr." Faker's lunar landing "hoax".
And Elizabeth Weird's relativity denial.
Anti-Stratfordians are such amusing all-around cranks!>>
Well...we can't be right about EVERything (especially Baconians).
It would be a good start if you could be right about *something* for a change, Art.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
[Well...at least Alan is a good liberal politically.]
Lea wrote: <<Are you suggesting that Roper isn't, Art?>>
Politics never came up with Roper.
(Stritmatter is clearly a good liberal, though.)
Lea wrote: <<I'm glad to hear that, Art.>>
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<For some reason, many anti-Stratfordian crackpots are also right-wing
political crackpots. Most conspicuous, perhaps, are Enoch Powell and
Joseph Sobran, not to mention h.l.a.s.'s own Mr. Streitz.>>
I gave up on Dyerite Jones Harris (in part) for his right wing views.
Lea wrote: <<I haven't heard of him.>>
https://brooklynrail.org/2013/02/books/shake-speare-fission
Thanks, Art -- this, too, is hilarious! I'll tell the Grand Master about it; maybe he'll assign someone to Harris.
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<Does he also have heterodOX ideas about science and mathematics?>>
Being the illegitimate son of Ruth Gordon so he has [sic]
Is English your native tongue, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
-------------------------------------------------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Gordon
[...]

I don't see what kinship with Ruth Gordon has to do with having heterodOX ideas about, Art; indeed, being an anti-Stratfordian is a sufficient condition for being a demented crank with all manner of heterodOX "ideas" (here the Noonedafter disclaimer really should be invoked).
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<But you neVER answered my question, Art: What did St. Carolyn give you
for the occasion, Art? John Michell's _The new view over Atlantis_?
Erich Von Däniken's _Chariots of the Gods? Steven Thomas's _The moon
Human encounters with aliens_? Something by Graham Hancock or Francis
Carr?
A bed quilt & a handmade pajama top.
Are you sure that the pajama top is not a cleVERly disguised straitjacket, Art?
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
<<I hope that whateVER gifts you received were to your liking,
Art, and that your birthday was happy.>>
Much appreciated, Dave.
<<I just hope that advancing age doesn't worsen your already alarming senility.>>
That's why I've taken up the hobby of
figuring out who wrote Shakespeare.
But that will *exacerbate* your condition, Art! It will put you in contact with all sorts of other demented cranks who believe all manner of idiotic crap!
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
(Carolyn & I also work together on the Post Sunday Crossword.)
I hope that you're better at crosswords than you are at anagrams, acrostics, equidistant letter sequences, etc., Art, or that you get a *lot* of help and guidance from St. Carolyn. (Personally, I prefer the New York Times crossword, although I rarely bother with Sunday's puzzle; the Thursday puzzle is often the most interesting one of the week.)
Post by Arthur Neuendorffer
Art Neuendorffer (aka Noonedafter)
Loading...