20 words we owe to Shakespeare
f***@gmail.com
2020-10-26 20:05:05 UTC
he invented some words, or
some he simply caused to be put into print

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/48657/20-words-we-owe-william-shakespeare

William Shakespeare, gentleman
f***@gmail.com
2020-10-27 15:56:25 UTC
Donald Cameron
2020-10-27 19:36:48 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
he invented some words, or
some he simply caused to be put into print
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/48657/20-words-we-owe-william-shakespeare
William Shakespeare, gentleman
I'm afraid it's the old story about who came first. Could have been
your "inventor" borrowed from a previous borrower, etc..

Any way, I read that a substantial percentage of 17th century word
lists were derived from the FF.
f***@gmail.com
yeah, copy that
Greg Reynolds
2020-11-01 05:40:57 UTC
He was the first to compare nature : nurture.
He recast parts of speech, he'd make a noun play a verb.
His name "will shake spear" is supposedly a metaphor for masturbation, but it is nowhere near as graphic as "been jammin' johnson."